• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wtf is this and how do i stop it

So updated too android 6.0.1 and now whenever i go on a website that plays music, ads with music etc this bar comes up. it also stops my music playing if im listening too any. sooo fcking anoying. itll stay as a notification bar thingy untill i clear it. any help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-25-10-48-56.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-25-10-48-56.png
    533.1 KB · Views: 192
Did you ota update or download from somewhere? Mozilla firefox will also do this. Try factory data resetting as a last resort to clean things up and make sure everythings properly placed after the update. If nothing else use app manager to disable pesky app, if cant find it try and find its widget for app identity or hold the notification for settings. get a 3rd party music player from playstore, if its really bugging you, root device and pull rite from phone!

Upvote 0
Did you ota update or download from somewhere? Mozilla firefox will also do this. Try factory data resetting as a last resort to clean things up and make sure everythings properly placed after the update. If nothing else use app manager to disable pesky app, if cant find it try and find its widget for app identity or hold the notification for settings. get a 3rd party music player from playstore, if its really bugging you, root device and pull rite from phone!
?? This is the way chrome is meant to work, nothing is messed up, none of your suggestions will "fix" this.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0
Not trying to "fix" anything mr. Just workarounds, and chome is not set up to do that naturally on all devices, i have several that do not play in background or screen off and some that do. As mentioned if hes having problems after update can factory reset (has proven to be useful in many cases) if not happy can get a different browser, can completely remove old browser, may seem abroad but i was actually trying to hit several different heads with 1 hammer ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones