• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Who To Report An Exploit?

cwg01

May 9, 2014
I have Verizon as my network provider and it seems to have a bug in it which allows certain advertisers to exploit a drive by install of a app which I did not give permission to.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Apparently that's the one, it's done installed several apps without my knowledge of the past few weeks, just from watching an ad.

Fun fact, the agency which is exploiting this drive by installer is https://delivers.dtignite.com/
again what apps are we talking about? and that link does not work.

Reactions: svim and Dannydet
Upvote 0
An exploit? Simply because an app is popping up ads and/or prompting you to install otherwise unwanted bloatware sounds more like a common occurrence with a lot of apps, as oppose to actually being an actual exploit. Some developers will resort to doing things that may be questionably unethical but in our increasingly-perverted capitalist culture still legal to do.
If you installed an app that's too bloated with ads and crapware, just stop using it and uninstall it. It's your choice, just weigh the positives against the negatives. Not knowing just which app or apps you're referring to, hopefully there are equivalent substitutes that aren't so problematic. Or if the app has a pay-for version, the free version might be its ad-heavy version, and you just need to pay for it.
If it's an app that came pre-installed on your phone, you're essentially stuck with it. With system-level apps you can't readily Uninstall them but with some you can at least Disable them. At that point, at least they're no longer active and not able to mess things up in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones