• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

The Royals haven't lost a game since I posted they were 4-4. They have put together a six game winning streak and are currently 8-4. That is no indication they will have a great season but at least shows they can win and can be entertaining to watch. I'm happy for them. If they had put together a competitive team last year they might have had a better chance of Jackson Co. voting yes for the sales tax increase for the new downtown stadium.

Upvote 0
Yesterday the Royals finished their sweep of the Astros to improve their record to 9-4 with a seven game winning streak but who's counting? :) I read that they had a seven game streak last year... man I missed it. At the very least, my team is worthy of watching for a change. I'm rooting for them instead of making fun of them this year. Today they start an away series against the Mets.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
The Royals won today though I missed the game. The wife swears they only lose when I watch them. :)
If there is another way to squeeze a buck out of the baseball fan it's immediately implemented. It's like the super imposed commercial on the mound. When I first saw it, it freaked me out. The Royals are sporting a QT patch this year. I wonder just how many bucks the Quick Trip franchise had to pay for that? It isn't distracting but I will admit that I saw the additional patch.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Boston looked good tonight beating the Pirates 4-2. I'm afraid the Royals lost tonight at home against the Orioles 7-9. It was looking bad most of the game. The Orioles put up 7 in the top of the second and the Royals were 0-fers until the bottom of the sixth. I was glad to see them at least try to battle back.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones