• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you like your burger?

As for the patty, I really prefer it medium rare. If I'm making it home made just dash some worcestershire and it makes it very tasty but not too overpowering. As for toppings, a fried egg is always good. A strange combination but is actually pretty good is peanut butter and bacon.

For fast food, In and Out is my favorite. It has to be animal style though, with their "secret" spread. Without animal style In and Out is meh, but with it it is by far my favorite.

For restaurants, the Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay in Vegas is fantastic. I had their Kobe Burger and definitely ranks up there with one of the best burgers I had. Just made it simple with Kobe Beef, portoblello mushrooms, and ketchup, but it was amazing.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Rare with a cheese (any but blue is always better), maybe bacon, a bunch of salad, some mustard and a spot of mayo.

Did some a couple of weeks back and found out that it was the first time my missus had ever had a burger! I mean, obviously I knew that she's not a fast food or beef fan but ..

Upvote 0
I am what is known as a picky eater, and I only get meat and cheese on my burgers, with the exception of "onion tanglers" which are simply mini onion rings haha.
No ketchup, no mustard, no lettuce, etc.. lol

I like swiss and cheddar together for the cheese, gotta have bacon, and the burger done medium to medium well

Upvote 0
Burgers at home are always grilled out. Condiments: bacon, cheddar cheese, onion, and jalapenos.

For burgers out, by far my favorite dive is Bionic Burger... A small local chain. Their specialty is there six million dollar burger. It's a pounder with grilled and fresh cut onions, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and cheese. Their beef has an exceptional taste. They serve their burgers with fresh cut steak fries. It's a grease fix you won't soon forget.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
Don't eat meat anymore but when i did..my favorite was from a local place that serves hand made "sliders" grilled on top of onions with cheese, ketchup mustard and pickles.. on a steamed bun..I always ordered them light onion no mustard and would load it up with french fries on top! mmmm...
now I just order it w/o the patty and add more fries on top! not quite as good...but darn close

also dont know if it counts as a burger but...this is one of the things I miss the most because I really can't jimmy it up with fries...but it's called a looseburger
and a local coney island diner here (known for their chili dogs..) serves THE BEST..been going since I was just a little girl..anyway the looseburger is seasoned ground beef in a steamed hot dog bun topped with chili onions and mustard....

dang....now i went and made myself sad..
and hungry!!!!!

Upvote 0
yeah med rare is how i roll when i make mine. if i'm eating out then, depending on where i go, i prefer medium.

i make all kinds of burgers depending on my mood and how fancy i want to go. teriyaki burgers with grilled pineapple is the bomb.

also i make a mean guinness burger. take hamburger and put some good blue cheese right into the middle of the patty. then take some cabbage and onions and sautee it and add a bit of guinness(you just need a little bit of the beer) and cook until the guinness reduces and glazes the veggies. i make this sweet guinness glaze that i then glaze the burger with while it is grilling. to finish, start with a good bun and top it with the veggies, a drizzle of the glaze, and cheese(something mild like provolone) and you got one amazing burger!!!!!

fastfoodwise i really like five guys. i used to like in n out, but five guys are just that much better.

i just ate here the other day: Umami Burger

i had the truffle burger......delicious!!!!

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I tend towards pretty plain burgers actually.

A fairly thick patty of good quality beef. Well cooked, slightly singed is fine, but not dried out. Bit of onion. No cheese (should be moist enough without, otherwise has failed quality test), no salad or pickles in the bun (I don't find the tastes complement the burger, feel free to disagree). Maybe a little sauce if in the mood (mustard or chilli - occasionally sweetcorn relish if I'm feeling kiddy ;)) but often not - the meat shouldn't need it.

That said, I'm having a curry tonight :D

Upvote 0
there is this place in LA called Father's Office and their burgers do not come with any condiments. the burger is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and that is it. they have the usual lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese. the one no no is never ask about ketchup and you can't change the menu or add onto that is the only catch.

it is the juiciest burger i have ever tasted.......very good. it is a little pricey, but their beer selection more then makes up for it.

Upvote 0
there is this place in LA called Father's Office and their burgers do not come with any condiments. the burger is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and that is it. they have the usual lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese. the one no no is never ask about ketchup and you can't change the menu or add onto that is the only catch.

it is the juiciest burger i have ever tasted.......very good. it is a little pricey, but their beer selection more then makes up for it.

I heard of something similar to this in NY i think, saw it on good eats i believe, and there too they ban the use of ketchup because they say it ruins the burger.

Wouldn't mind trying it myself

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones