• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new android owner

mancha73072

Lurker
Jul 30, 2011
I just got a motorola/verizon android. I have never had a "smart" phone before so all this is new to me.

Please forgive me if this is a very redundant question, asked a million times already. If so please direct me to the information needed.

I have 2 questions.

How do I turn off email alert sounds? I get a lot of emails and do not care to be hearing every 2 minutes an alert telling me I have a new email. I have 3 separate email accounts, MSN, G-Mail, and Yahoo.

My second question is: Is there a place to download/buy new alarm clock/timer sounds? I would like something like a pleasant gong, or chime. I would like to use my timer for mediation purposes. I have a friend with an Iphone and he has a very pleasant sounding chime.
thanks you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones