• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Mow your lawn at 11:30 tonight. That will piss of the neighbor that mowed in the morning. The dog will bark again, which will piss off the both the early mower and the dog's owner.
You may be on to something here :unsure:
If I didn't like my other neighbors I'd be on board :LOL:

Upvote 0
I used the broken bose at work and then mowing. For the last few years they were used just while mowing and when riding my bike. In the scheme of things... they have countless hours on them. I guess I replace them with the Ultra. I thought about the quietcomfort 2 but they are dated and the same price.
I wanted to report that I'm enjoying the new Bose QC Ultra earbuds. I mowed my cabin property today while listening to music. The buds sound great and the comfort of the fit is stellar. They did a great job of canceling the noise of the mower and they did not move around or come lose in my ears. I came home and took an hour bike ride wearing them and then rode again later wearing them. They were very comfortable and didn't irritate my ears. The only thing I miss from the broken Bose is the charging case could be charged with an inductive charger or usb c. The Ultra buds case can only be charged by a usb c connection.

Upvote 0
I'm done dealing with my HOA. I have a townhouse and they are responsible for the outside of the townhouse. My gutters are full and rain runs over the gutter and it's a mess.

The fly by night people they hire to clean the gutters just blow a leaf blower in the gutter. I had 3" of solid crap in my gutter. It was so heavy the gutter supports were strained and a couple popped out.

I asked my HOA twice to clean the gutters out, even sending them pictures of how bad it was, and the only response I got was they will be doing spot cleaning over the summer. I went ahead and cleaned the gutters out

We need to change the HOA management company.

Here's the crap I was pulling out of the gutter and how full they were

gutter1.jpg
gutter2.jpg

Upvote 0
yeah here is something lately, why is everyone so obessive with this upcoming vacation that is not in front of me,cause me a few restless nights of going to bed at a strange time and waking up at three in the morning, honestly can you please just stop whispering in my ear for it for once?

Let me stay in this photographic world I divised.

Upvote 0
I spent the last hour trying to get our secondary DirecTV box to marry with the main receiver box. I tried all of the regular tricks of rebooting the box etc and nothing I tried established a connection. I finally broke down and resorted to calling for assistance. A half hour on hold had me calling the local people who when I got to speak to a rep gave me the number I needed to call. I immediately reached an almost English speaking agent that confirmed my account and was ready to assist me. I went to the set that wasn't connected to relay the exact error messages I was receiving only to find it was now connected. It was like that mystery noise your auto makes but never at the mechanic shop.

Upvote 0
I spent the last hour trying to get our secondary DirecTV box to marry with the main receiver box. I tried all of the regular tricks of rebooting the box etc and nothing I tried established a connection. I finally broke down and resorted to calling for assistance. A half hour on hold had me calling the local people who when I got to speak to a rep gave me the number I needed to call. I immediately reached an almost English speaking agent that confirmed my account and was ready to assist me. I went to the set that wasn't connected to relay the exact error messages I was receiving only to find it was now connected. It was like that mystery noise your auto makes but never at the mechanic shop.

Sounds like what happens to me when I call Dish TV

Upvote 0
Sounds like what happens to me when I call Dish TV
I really do not like having to push my power off button on my Dish either, the remote only will turn off my tv but not my Joey, I have to push down on the button or unplug it from the serge protector and sometimes it just does the 404 message on the screen of it, such a terrible device, even when saving it is alright.

Upvote 0
I met a buddy down at the cabin today and we drove a new well. We went back in the same hole as the one we pulled up a few weeks back. We went back with new pipe, sand point, and check valve that we drove another two feet deeper than the last. We have almost three feet of water in the pipe. We plumbed a new pump on the well and tried to prime it. We ran out of water before we had success.
I'll be going down there again Saturday and will be armed with more water. We only use the well to water our peach trees, wash dishes, and flush the toilet. I've never had it tested but it smells oily and this is the second time we've pulled the well because the sand point was stopped up. They looked like they had been dipped in tar.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
A few things currently:

1) Trying to ease up my mind and not seeking out when I am heading on my vacation yet again, and it has gave me cold sores like before.
2) My friend has gerd and went to see the hospital yesterday with my mother, she was really tired of trying to help him out, without helping him out.
3) Tech: why is my VLC always hanging at the top when I pull down the pull down menu and I see it at the bottom and just lays over there,
and thus always needs to reset my cell?

Upvote 0
We ran out of water before we had success.
I'll be going down there again Saturday and will be armed with more water. We only use the well to water our peach trees, wash dishes, and flush the toilet. I've never had it tested but it smells oily and this is the second time we've pulled the well because the sand point was stopped up. They looked like they had been dipped in tar.
We have water boys and girls!!!

Reactions: joe71 and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones