• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking bout coming to Cricket for Idol 3 but....

I am coming from a ZTE ZMax(first one) and thinking about switching to cricket for the 109.99 deal for the Idol 3, the octocore proc, the 13mp camera and nice higher resolution screen are all wonderful but I am extremely scared of the lack of gorilla glass, I do not drop my phone often and I usually wrap it in a bandana when its in my backpack and keep a case on at all times, should I look at a different phone or is the low price point of $109 worth the risk for all the other pros of the phone?

Any advice is appreciated and anyone who has any experience with the phone please and thank you.

Edit- I have heard it uses Dragontail from Asahai(Sp?) is that the same as gorilla glass, can anyone confirm it is not just normal glass and reinforced somehow? I need confirmation thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones