• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is YOUR Main Recipe ?

LGee3

Aug 4, 2019
Hill Country Texas
Mine is Grilled smoked Ham and smoked Provolone stuffed chicken breast. I butterfly and lightly pound a chicken breast and marinate it in Italian dressing for a couple of hours. Then I remove them and place the ham and cheese on them and then roll them and sear them seam side down over hot coals ( yes, on the grate ). Then I move to cool side of grill, close lid and let cook for 18-20 minutes. Very tasty and juicy !

i just bbq'd some short ribs which turned out amazing. i do not really have a go to. but a nice juicy rib eye season with just salt and pepper works for me any time. i love ribs as well.

marinate the ribs in, but save some for basting:
1.hoisin sauce
2.soy sauce
3.brown sugar
4.sambal
5.ginger
6,garlic
7.green onion

i marinate it for minimum of 1 hr, but the longer the better. just put it on the grill and baste with the reserve sauce periodically until done.....should be about 10-15 mins depending how hot you have the grill.

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Mine is Grilled smoked Ham and smoked Provolone stuffed chicken breast. I butterfly and lightly pound a chicken breast and marinate it in Italian dressing for a couple of hours. Then I remove them and place the ham and cheese on them and then roll them and sear them seam side down over hot coals ( yes, on the grate ). Then I move to cool side of grill, close lid and let cook for 18-20 minutes. Very tasty and juicy !

I'll be right over! :p I am not a cook but I make a mean breakfast.

Eggs Scrambled soft with:

Jarlberg cheese (wife likes american cheese too, instead).
milk or cream
Cream Cheese
Dill Weed (important)
Beau Monde (very important)

Served with a toasted NYC bagel and butter or cream cheese

-or-

Add smoked salmon and sauteed onions
Ditch the cheese.

I want to get back to cooking. I work late being a singing teacher, so didn't have the opportunity to continue learning main meals, but I think I want to get back into it.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I once planted dill seed in my garden area. True enough, it's a great flavor enhancer. Be warned however, It is difficult to kill. I had dill growing in my yard years after I moved my garden to a new spot. :)

One of my favorite meals to prepare is deluxe burritos. I first smoke a typical pork shoulder and pull half of it for sandwiches while freezing the other half. Later I'll thaw the remaining pulled pork, season it with fresh onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cilantro, and chili seasoning and let it simmer in a large skillet. I add some freshly cooked pinto beans and shredded cheese and roll it up in large tortillas. The remaining mixture I add a small can of tomato sauce and make a chili that I pour over the top of the burritos prior to serving. Wife has to have sour cream on her burrito but I like mine without. Just a bit more cheese on top makes me a happy man. Served with Spanish rice.

Upvote 0
Well mostly open up the cupborad and explore, my main cooking is mostly eggs,
I just pour some oil on the frying pan first, because of the egg yolk does come out of the
nucleus of the part, and the white tend to have more scrappies on it, so I add in a few ingredients on like
Cirtius acid powder, sometimes I mix it in, other times I will have some sort of cheese just laying around and just
let it sink in for a minute, my mom claims "That Milo makes the best smelling breakfasts ever." :)

Upvote 0
this time of year i like to stew or make pot roast. now that i have a ninja foodi, i can roast or braise meats for a much shorter time. last week i made a delicious boneless short rib stew with parsnips and turnips and pineapples believe it or not!!!!! it was so damn good!!!!!!

edit:
it had a soy, ginger and beef stock base. because of the pineapples, it had a sweet but savory flavors.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Teriyaki chicken marinated in my home made sauce.

2 cups of soy sauce
2 cup of sugar
Ginger & minced garlic (to your liking)
1 cup of alcohol of your choice. Original recipe of my grandmother's was sherry, but I went further and tried others. Rum is pretty good, but my favorite is brandy.

I've found that thighs are the best.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Teriyaki chicken marinated in my home made sauce.

2 cups of soy sauce
2 cup of sugar
Ginger & minced garlic (to your liking)
1 cup of alcohol of your choice. Original recipe of my grandmother's was sherry, but I went further and tried others. Rum is pretty good, but my favorite is brandy.

I've found that thighs are the best.
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never use alcohol as i make something similar. i have rum i can use, but i do not drink brandy....so no brandy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones