• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.4 update

Is there anything else I can do to get the OTA update? I'm not comfortable with the manual way of doing it, but am getting impatient and really jealous of those that got the update!

That's pretty much it. You have to either wait until it comes to you naturally (I believe Huawei plans for it to reach everyone by the end of the week, but don't quote me on that) or else manually flash it via adb sideload.

Upvote 0
Chicago area here and still no update :( I just did a factory reset on my watch but it's still on the 1.3.0.2421912. Is there anything else I can do to get the OTA update? I'm not comfortable with the manual way of doing it, but am getting impatient and really jealous of those that got the update! Any advice? Thanks.
Chicago area eh? Hmm, I'm N/W Indiana and got it.
Not sure how they roll out the updates as far as areas, but I'm not that far from Chicago.
I wonder if it has to do with the watch connected to wifi or not? I was connected to wifi at home when I got the update.

Upvote 0
Thanks codesplice. For those that have received it OTA, do you just get a notification on the watch that you have an update? Does it just appear randomly or do you have to keep checking for updates in the settings?
Check back a few posts of mine....one post I manually checked, and my other post it magically updated on its own.
Not sure how, or why, but poof! it updated.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Ciao, SmartWatch Huawei, ho visto un video su YouTube che è uscito per l'aggiornamento Android Wear che supporta le chiamate di Huawei. Anche se l'applicazione è aggiornata sull'orologio non c'è traccia del nuovo aggiornamento.
anche se vado alle impostazioni SmartWatch mi dice sw aggiornato.
Qualcuno ha già provato o sta avendo i miei problemi,?

Upvote 0
Ciao, SmartWatch Huawei, ho visto un video su YouTube che è uscito per l'aggiornamento Android Wear che supporta le chiamate di Huawei. Anche se l'applicazione è aggiornata sull'orologio non c'è traccia del nuovo aggiornamento.
anche se vado alle impostazioni SmartWatch mi dice sw aggiornato.
Qualcuno ha già provato o sta avendo i miei problemi,?

What version do you have on the Watch under Settings > About > Build number?

Upvote 0
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So everyone should have it now. What do you guys think? I like being able to play music on my watch. I don't see myself using it too often, but in certain situations I will. The calling feature would be awesome if I didn't have Bluetooth calling in my car. I will probably not use this function much but it is cool (think james bond). Lastly, I downloaded a youtube app and that is pretty great for showing off, and not much else. Heh.

One thing I am disappointed in and what would have been the killer feature for me is if "OK Google" responded back with voice to my questions (when possible, like on the phone). Sigh. Maybe in a future update.

I haven't really messed with the gestures much yet.

Upvote 0
I tried the wrist gestures on the road, and people in other cars around me probably thought I was doing something lewd :p

Yeah, the Google response on the watch would be great: but I have a BT stereo headset so I haven't had occasion to use the watch's speaker function yet. Not that I would ever make a call or anything on my watch.

All in all, a whole lot of waiting for a whole lot of MEH.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I understand that the 4th Developer Preview is out for Wear 2.0, with a 5th Preview expected before release. I'm still not confident enough to flash it without having the 1.5 firmware to fall back on. Anyone here flash it? What works, what doesn't?

I did, of course. :D

I've tried each preview, and each has been better than the last. DP4 is easily the best yet - and it fixed a lot of complaints that I had about previous releases. The only thing that I've found to be missing or not working would be notification grouping - after I installed all my apps and faces, I had to individually dismiss each "... installed" notification. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with it.

The download page offers both the latest preview as well as the latest non-preview (AW 1.5) factory image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones