• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G Issue - getting only Edge

Roze

Hiding behind a mystery
Jan 20, 2010
Where the Sakura grows
I have not been able to get 3G on my phone for the past 2 days. It's only on Edge :< I have a Nexus One but I haven't made any changes on my phone, nor have I downloaded any apps that would affect my 3G :/ I'm thinking that it's something to do with Rogers. I live in the Toronto Area. I work in downtown Toronto and I have always gotten 3G here in my office or outside. Also my 3G used to be really strong when I'm home (GTA-east side) but now it's just Edge. I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing just Edge in the GTA?

Thanks,
-Roze-

Are you telling me noone here is from Toronto? :p Today I've been getting intermittent 3G. So I'm crossing my fingers that the 3G stays for good!

Hey Roze,

Yeah, I'm out in Calgary! I haven't had any 3G issues lately... Perhaps they are updating their HSPA+ network? Even if you have a Nexus One, you should be able to call in and find out if the network is intermittent.

As well, try removing and re-inserting your SIM card. I've found mine has faulted before.

Upvote 0
Hey Roze,

Yeah, I'm out in Calgary! I haven't had any 3G issues lately... Perhaps they are updating their HSPA+ network? Even if you have a Nexus One, you should be able to call in and find out if the network is intermittent.

As well, try removing and re-inserting your SIM card. I've found mine has faulted before.

I hate calling in to Rogers...too bothersome *sigh*. I'll try the SIM trick if I get kicked back to Edge.

How's Calgary? I can imagine it'd be freezing considering how cold it is here >_<; We're getting around -10 for the past couple of days (windchill is high -teens or low twenties) I hate winter and as some people have told me..it hasn't started :/ (this is my favourite complaint atm, lol)

Upvote 0
I hate calling in to Rogers...too bothersome *sigh*. I'll try the SIM trick if I get kicked back to Edge.

How's Calgary? I can imagine it'd be freezing considering how cold it is here >_<; We're getting around -10 for the past couple of days (windchill is high -teens or low twenties) I hate winter and as some people have told me..it hasn't started :/ (this is my favourite complaint atm, lol)

Couple of weeks ago we hit -35... My HTC Dream nearly exploded, I swear.

It may also be the radio software you are using. I'm running a proprietary hacked T-Mobile radio, and my reception is way better than the stock one.

Unfortunately, I never owned a Nexus One, so I don't know about the radio software options. I guess it'd depend on if you have a stock ROM or a custom one. Most of us in this forum have Rogers-based phones... I think Puleen has a Nexus One.

For what it's worth, I found this thread (Yes, Rogers seems to be deleting them from their forums) same issue:

Re: 3G Toronto - no service - I will complain to R... - Rogers Community

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones