• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 update failed - what to do?

JLeslie

May 6, 2010
3 of us in the family have Sprint Galaxy Nexus phones, all stock, none rooted. The other two got their update to 4.3 without a problem. My phone got the notice of the update the same day and I told it to do it. It restarted as expected during the process. When it came back up, nothing had changed. The update did not install.

Besides the About Phone identifying mine as still being a 4.2.1, the visible changes on the other two phones are not present on mine so I'm sure the update failed.

NOTE ADDED 11/9:
My phone just indicated the update was again available. I told it to install. It rebooted to do the install and then it showed "Install failed!" with the android on its back with the door open and a red triangle over it. I had to pull the battery to restart it. It started up and seems to be working okay now.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the update to install? I don't want to clear the data on the Google Services Framework as I don't want to mess with the accounts and such or reinstalling anything.

JL

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones