• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

420 Bootanimation for Moto Droid OR Thunderbolt

LiQuIDzGrL

Aug 16, 2010

To Download Click ME!

:!: VERY IMPORTANT: :!:

After downloading, for users that are not already familiar with this you will need to make sure that you rename the boot animation when ready to use to the name bootanimation.zip exactly as I have it spelled there and I do believe that it is case sensitive.

Also, if you are a newly rooted user or are not sure how to replace this I recommend using root explorer - and then follow these steps:

1.Rename file xyz.zip to bootanimation.zip
2.Copy or Move File
3.Go to System/Media
4.Select Read/Write setting
5.Paste and click OK to overwrite(possibly copy this to another directory for a bakup before overwriting or you will lose the bootanimation already in your phone)
6.Long press to generate menu and select permissions
7.Select rw-r-r or use all permissions
8.Select Read/Only setting
9.Reboot and Enjoy

:arrow: Another option is to:

put the bootanimation.zip, using terminal into data/local ...
typing command:

#su
#cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/

Keep the spaces it won't work without them also do not type the # symbols
# = superuser privileges
$ = no super user privileges

be2d5f1a5cad538e6e95fe6f8a0d2dc94g.jpg

If you like my work please consider donating.
Click to DONATE

To Download Click ME!

:!: VERY IMPORTANT: :!:

After downloading, for users that are not already familiar with this you will need to make sure that you rename the boot animation when ready to use to the name bootanimation.zip exactly as I have it spelled there and I do believe that it is case sensitive.

Also, if you are a newly rooted user or are not sure how to replace this I recommend using root explorer - and then follow these steps:

1.Rename file xyz.zip to bootanimation.zip
2.Copy or Move File
3.Go to System/Media
4.Select Read/Write setting
5.Paste and click OK to overwrite(possibly copy this to another directory for a bakup before overwriting or you will lose the bootanimation already in your phone)
6.Long press to generate menu and select permissions
7.Select rw-r-r or use all permissions
8.Select Read/Only setting
9.Reboot and Enjoy

:arrow: Another option is to:

put the bootanimation.zip, using terminal into data/local ...
typing command:

#su
#cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/

Keep the spaces it won't work without them also do not type the # symbols
# = superuser privileges
$ = no super user privileges

be2d5f1a5cad538e6e95fe6f8a0d2dc94g.jpg

If you like my work please consider donating.
Click to DONATE
Wow my fellow android addict! NICE JOB GIRLY! Checkin er out now! TY for the personal link! U ROCK! See fellas ladies can get down with us super user fellas out here too! Diggin IT! and again REALLY GOOD JOB! I APPRECIATE YOURE WORK and the personal link you sent me (The-Truth)a.k.a Android flash addict extraordinare!

Upvote 0
Wow my fellow android addict! NICE JOB GIRLY! Checkin er out now! TY for the personal link! U ROCK! See fellas ladies can get down with us super user fellas out here too! Diggin IT! and again REALLY GOOD JOB! I APPRECIATE YOURE WORK and the personal link you sent me (The-Truth)a.k.a Android flash addict extraordinare!
Whoops The Rominator himself linked this to me jeeeeezzz! Lol braindead. Up.all night Tweakin, flashing n ah moddin! Lol. Gotta pick up this laptop from my buddys shop, he's jus tossing it to me so I can start learning how to build! What can I say I'm strung out on Android!

Upvote 0
Whoops The Rominator himself a.k.a bcrichster the fastest android hand in the south linked this to me. jeeeeezzz! Lol braindead. Up.all night Tweakin, flashing n ah moddin! Lol. Gotta pick up this laptop from my buddys shop, he's jus tossing it to me so I can start learning how to build! What can I say I'm strung out on Android!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones