• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Crazy idea for my old HTC EVO 4g

kodakmak

Lurker
Jul 27, 2012
So here is my situation:
I just upgraded to an EVO 4g LTE and love it! And I am left with my old EVO gathering dust. I have thought of a use for it.
I have an HP tuner for my GTO and need a laptop running windows XP to control it. Here is the crazy part.
Has anyone heard of an EVO being able to run any iteration of a Windows desktop? Not the mobile version, but the full desktop XP, or 7, or 8 for that matter?
Has anyone attempted this?
If I could have Win7 or 8 running on the evo without a bulky laptop... I would be in nirvana!
I appreciate any thoughts on the subject!
Kodakmak

Reactions: 3vodroid
You can use one of several remote access apps on your phone. Set it up on your computer, and log in through an app on your phone. You'll have full access to everything on your computer, through you phone.

You can't run Windows on a smartphone because they use ARM proccessors and Windows needs an X86 or X64 processor.

But, Windows 8 changes that. Microsoft create a version of Windows 8 that can run on ARM processors. But, it remains to be seen whether it can be installed on older Android devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones