• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A new era in reading

I found an app called ReadEra. It seems to do a decent job of dealing with a variety of formats and isn't huge. Can I move my Nook ebooks there? Can I also get that one I shouldn't have got from googoo drive?
if you bought the books from nook than no. if you used the nook app to read other files than yes.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
the only service that I know of that allows DRM-free ebook transfers is/was Aldiko. Today, their store produces a 500 server error, so either they EOL'd or their older app is no longer compatible. The reader portion and any books I have got before then, however, are still viewable, and can be transferred to any book reader app that supports both PDF and EPUB. PDFs of books are also viewable in Aldiko, completely bypassing the now-broken store.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I guess I could do that. The only thing is that although I kind of like Nook, it's somewhat on the big side, at least with all my files, and I was hoping ro get around that with ReadEra. Are you sure I can't just send from Nook to ReadEra?
you would have to some how get rid of the drm which this forum frowns upon discussing.

Reactions: Rgarner
I tried sending a couple files from one phone to the other. The result was some kind of html mishmash that ReadEra couldn't "translate". Can I get rid of this drm nonsense just long enough to get a few files across to the new phone? It's for personal use only. I have no intention of selling, distributing, etc.

Upvote 0
I tried sending a couple files from one phone to the other. The result was some kind of html mishmash that ReadEra couldn't "translate". Can I get rid of this drm nonsense just long enough to get a few files across to the new phone? It's for personal use only. I have no intention of selling, distributing, etc.
Nope to the drm......sorry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones