• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Strange Anomaly

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
Today while working and listening to tunes via BT my local songs started skipping and restarting. I've had this happen before when my phone became active in my pocket and opened multiple apps. In the past I simply closed all and opened my player again and all was fine. Today. however. I found the player ( VLC ) was still active and started playing right where it left off. I closed all apps again and turned the phone off. The phone was off for at least ten minutes before I booted it up again. VLC was still open and continued to play right where I paused it before closing it and turning the phone off.
It's not a big deal but I've yet to understand just how it stayed resident when the phone was off. Just tossing this out for discussion.

This is something that VLC and other media apps do. They autoplay once reconnected via Bluetooth. Some have options in the settings to prevent it like YT Music, others like VLC do not. Have had this same issue, the only workaround I have found is using Tasker to "grab" that BT command so it prevents it.
Thanks for the info. It freaked me out.
I've encountered another odd behavior of VLC. I play tunes while I'm mowing lawns daily. When I'm done, I close VLC and put my buds in their charger. I then put in my hearing aids and go about the rest of the day. A number of times, but quite random, in the evening VLC will suddenly start playing to my aids. I've used a number of different players through the years and VLC is the only one that has done either magic trick. It might be time to try a different player. It's shuffle feature is lack luster and having to load my library at ever boot is a put off. Not to mention the other oddities mentioned.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. It freaked me out.
I've encountered another odd behavior of VLC. I play tunes while I'm mowing lawns daily. When I'm done, I close VLC and put my buds in their charger. I then put in my hearing aids and go about the rest of the day. A number of times, but quite random, in the evening VLC will suddenly start playing to my aids. I've used a number of different players through the years and VLC is the only one that has done either magic trick. It might be time to try a different player. It's shuffle feature is lack luster and having to load my library at ever boot is a put off. Not to mention the other oddities mentioned.
I too am looking for an app that is as easy to use but with some additional features such as not turning on via external device.

Like I mentioned I am using a workaround for now. The most annoying part is it will even play files that are stored in the "Secure Folder" if they were the last played with the app that itself is in the "Secure Folder" as separate version.

Odd to me.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I too am looking for an app that is as easy to use but with some additional features such as not turning on via external device.

Like I mentioned I am using a workaround for now. The most annoying part is it will even play files that are stored in the "Secure Folder" if they were the last played with the app that itself is in the "Secure Folder" as separate version.

Odd to me.
If you find a player that behaves, please let me know. I have no problem paying for an app if it works well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones