• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A7 phone will not connect to 4G

emlclcy

Lurker
Dec 23, 2010
ive a samsung A7 phone that will no longer connect to the uk 4G network. ive tried using an o2 sim and a vodaphone sim, both work on other phones to 4g but only give 3g or the H sysmbol on the samsung. ive done a factory reset and still the same.
any ideas?
regards
carl
hampshire uk

ive tried factory reset twice, the second time i didnt install any apps or loggin to google etc then i rebooted in safe mode, still only H, no 4G. wonder if its an antenna connection issue? the phone is sealed so not easy to open

If this is a hardware problem, I see four options:

#1: Get a new phone. Do not dispose of your old phone! If it's otherwise working: Sell it, give it away, or keep it for yourself as a backup phone.

#2 Bring your phone to a repair shop. The repairman might not be able to fix it, without charging you so much that you'd be better off buying a new phone. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

#3: Repair it yourself. That's only an option if you have the required skills.

#4: Do nothing. If 3G coverage is good enough where you live, maybe this is a problem that doesn't need a solution.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones