• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Iconia One 7 B1-770 Root Help

dj505

Lurker
Jan 10, 2016
Canada
Hi all,
Bit of a n00b question here. I got a new Acer Iconia B1-770 with 8 gigs of storage, but most (around 5 gigs) of it is taken up by bloatware and such. I added a 32 gig micro SD, but am unable to set my tablet to automatically install apps to it. I heard I can both uninstall the bloatware and change this setting through rooting, along with various other things (like improved battery life, etc), but the only tutorials I could find are for the B1-730 or B1-710, and not the B1-770. I really don't want to risk bricking my tablet, so I thought I'd ask here. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Android version is 5.0.1 Lollipop
Model (as stated before) is Acer Iconia One 7 B1-770

EDIT: Apparently Acer locked the function of moving apps to SD. So looks like I'll need to root to do that. Unless there's a way to do so on PC with the device connected through USB?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones