• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add photos to Nest Display

thaKing

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
Lex Vegas
I'm considering buying my mother a Nest Display for Christmas. I saw a digital photo frame that allowed anyone to email pics to the frame (cost is 2x the Nest). Which is perfect for my son, who can send his pics to his grandmother. So I'm curious, what are the options to add photos to the Nest Display? Is there a simple way a 9 yr old can add photos remotely to the Nest?

I'm considering buying my mother a Nest Display for Christmas. I saw a digital photo frame that allowed anyone to email pics to the frame (cost is 2x the Nest). Which is perfect for my son, who can send his pics to his grandmother. So I'm curious, what are the options to add photos to the Nest Display? Is there a simple way a 9 yr old can add photos remotely to the Nest?
I got the nest hub display thing, whatever the name of it is now. Anyway, I was able to identify my family members and pets I wanted to show up on the display and any pics of them uploaded to google photos show up. Way too simple. I'd imagine you could do some shared / synced albums for mom and have those photos automaticaly added to her photo frame.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I got the nest hub display thing, whatever the name of it is now. Anyway, I was able to identify my family members and pets I wanted to show up on the display and any pics of them uploaded to google photos show up. Way too simple. I'd imagine you could do some shared / synced albums for mom and have those photos automaticaly added to her photo frame.
Maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks.

@JAy3001 - he's almost 9, no concern about embarrassing moments. If he was a teenager maybe.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
he's almost 9, no concern about embarrassing moments. If he was a teenager maybe.

9 is the new 14. ;) :eek:

I hope your mom is a little more tech savvy than my mother-in-law. We tried to get her setup with something similar and it kept freaking her out that the photos would change without her doing anything.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Oh my, I can imagine some embarrassing moments here.. :oops::oops::p
I'm too adult for inadvertant photos. :p
Maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks.
Let me know if you need help. I can probably remember how I set it up, but it was really following wizards. :)

Reactions: mfavian180
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones