• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Add songs to library in Play Music

I do it on the PC end, with the google music app.. it gives you a music manager application. You see it to sync with a folder on your pc. And then anything that you copy in there ends up in the cloud and can be accessed by the app on the phone.. its clever stuff and it means i've stopped manually copying music across to my phone with the usb cable

Upvote 0
I do it on the PC end, with the google music app.. it gives you a music manager application. You see it to sync with a folder on your pc. And then anything that you copy in there ends up in the cloud and can be accessed by the app on the phone.. its clever stuff and it means i've stopped manually copying music across to my phone with the usb cable

Thanks for your answer. I'd really rather not have to install yet another program on my PC just to manage files on the phone. I guess I'll try to see if I can find another music player that doesn't require PC support or cloud access.

JL

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer. I'd really rather not have to install yet another program on my PC just to manage files on the phone. I guess I'll try to see if I can find another music player that doesn't require PC support or cloud access.

JL

Have you tried playing the music from a file viewer, like ES File Manager?

This might forward the path for your music to your player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones