• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF image upload limit

MrJavi

Android Expert
Aug 21, 2019
South Texas
What's the max data size that can be uploaded to AF? The reason I'm asking is because when I so images and other result in an error. This usually happens when I take a picture with my camera (DCIM) so I'm assuming it has to do with the camera resolution exceeding the max data size allowed to upload. In the past I have used an app called Lower to lower the resolution and thus data size is decreased.

I have Mega but the only way someone can view the photo/photos is if they also have the Mega app.
Google photos is not an option. :)

Any suggestions would be appropriated. Thanks

Last edited:
Any suggestions would be appropriated
Sure! :)

It's a forum bug I first reported over a year ago. Prior to that, even the highest resolution photos I'd taken with my Nikons uploaded without issue.

Any image editing app should let you easily resize your pics. For example, my gallery app is F-Stop Pro. Its built-in editor easily resizes images:

Screenshot_20200521-185000.png

If you're trying to upload an image and it's failing, just experiment with sizing it down until the forum accepts it. And adding your voice to the now 1+ year old problem wouldn't hurt either! :D

Upvote 0
Sure! :)

It's a forum bug I first reported over a year ago. Prior to that, even the highest resolution photos I'd taken with my Nikons uploaded without issue.

Any image editing app should let you easily resize your pics. For example, my gallery app is F-Stop Pro. Its built-in editor easily resizes images:

View attachment 150663

If you're trying to upload an image and it's failing, just experiment with sizing it down until the forum accepts it. And adding your voice to the now 1+ year old problem wouldn't hurt either! :D
Thank you, I have need of the app you suggested. In fact I had been looking for exactly that capability to change some .res files of my system sec.settings using APKTool . One thing I dislike about my rom is this goofy picture in about phone. :(

Screenshot_2020-05-21-21-06-29.png

Thanks @MoodyBlues , you the best :)

Upvote 0
I mainly use Mega to share links of .zip files I've modified in some way . The latest OTA update locked the Sprint Note 4 n910p from downgrading and by then the much of the developers on XDA had moved on to other newer phones. This left many of use with limited selection of compatible roms . I missed an old rom that was no longer compatible with my current firmware. If the limited selection of roms, I liked parts of this and parts of several others. Anyway, I replace, extract, port , delete , modify and place them in a flashable .zip. like the Note 7 camera from one rom that can be flashed to another Note 4 rom. All the credit goes the the developers at XDA .

Screenshot_2020-05-21-21-32-44.png

Screenshot_2020-05-21-21-46-30.png

In another AF thread I promised @Xavier Black I'd post pictures taken with the N7 mod using my Note 4. I like to keep my promises but couldn't upload a picture.

Thanks for your suggestion @Brian706
Imgur is good advice :)

Upvote 0
I just make sure any forum picture attachments to posts are under 2MB, and not had any problems. Pictures taken with my Huawei phone stock camera are 5-6GB each, and those won't unload to Internet forums because the size is too large. And so I must downsize them, before uploading.

Thank you very much @mikedt ,
being that I mod and port so much, I never know if its something I did which resulted in issues or if it was a size limitation. Thanks to you, II now know its limited to 2Gb's max and not my N7 port. :)

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
Some of you guys, and I won't name any names, are doing it the hard way! :eek: :D

It takes like 5 seconds to resize an image with F-SP, with no intermediary steps or third-party sites involved.

If you read the thread I posted about this bug, you'll see that it's not a cut-and-dry size issue, as in file size, nor as in dimensions. There seems to be some magical, mysterious formula involved in what can/can't be accepted.

I'm honestly disappointed that this issue hasn't been fixed after more than a year. We used to be able to post huge files--on XenForo, just like now--and then suddenly couldn't. And when there's no rhyme or reason to it, I get annoyed! Sometimes I have to resize screenshots, sometimes I don't. Ditto for other images. And it's really annoying when the image uploads to 100%....then craps out and gives an error message... :mad:

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Let me tell you all something..we never had this issue before AT ALL!!!, I could upload entire video clips before..but then this changes in af happened..
You're right! As I pointed out, it was on XenForo then, too, so that's not the problem.
once again all this crap thanks to the wonderful ideas of this good for nothing so called Rob.
Whoa.... We are guests in @Rob's house.

We don't have to like, or agree with, changes he makes--look at all my threads in Suggestions!--but we do have to respect his right to make them.

Personally, I'm grateful to have this forum. There are several members I'd gladly welcome into my home IRL, that's how good a friend they are. I definitely don't like some of AF's changes, but I'm still happy it, and my 'AF family,' are here.

Upvote 0
You're right! As I pointed out, it was on XenForo then, too, so that's not the problem.

Whoa.... We are guests in @Rob's house.

We don't have to like, or agree with, changes he makes--look at all my threads in Suggestions!--but we do have to respect his right to make them.

Personally, I'm grateful to have this forum. There are several members I'd gladly welcome into my home IRL, that's how good a friend they are. I definitely don't like some of AF's changes, but I'm still happy it, and my 'AF family,' are here.

I second that @MoodyBlues!!

Upvote 0
Some of you guys, and I won't name any names, are doing it the hard way! :eek: :D

It takes like 5 seconds to resize an image with F-SP, with no intermediary steps or third-party sites involved.

If you read the thread I posted about this bug, you'll see that it's not a cut-and-dry size issue, as in file size, nor as in dimensions. There seems to be some magical, mysterious formula involved in what can/can't be accepted.

I'm honestly disappointed that this issue hasn't been fixed after more than a year. We used to be able to post huge files--on XenForo, just like now--and then suddenly couldn't. And when there's no rhyme or reason to it, I get annoyed! Sometimes I have to resize screenshots, sometimes I don't. Ditto for other images. And it's really annoying when the image uploads to 100%....then craps out and gives an error message... :mad:

Thank you @MoodyBlues :) much, much better now :)

Screenshot_2020-05-26-00-57-49.png

From goofy to freaking AWESOME!!!! 1971 Hemi 'Cuda , Hell Yea!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-26-00-57-49.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-26-00-57-49.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones