• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF Treasure Trove

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Installing CWM and a custom ROM on the Motorola Triumph

My Motorola Triumph was actually my very first personal experience with a smartphone, and I've loved it in all of the time I had it. I'd been keeping up with Android news and developments long before I actually made the dive, but I was still totally clueless as to how I'd achieve all of the amazing tweaks and customizations that I'd seen people had done to their phones using ROMs and different things like that, and this thread served as the jumping off point for my introduction into the world of tweaking and customizing, which is what drew me so strongly to Android in the first place. I'd always visit it for reference and I'd say the thread and the community of Triumph and Android phone owners' contributions to it and the general knowledge base have put me where I am, and I'm loving it! I'm very thankful for all the help this thread has provided and for all the helpful community members. :)

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/sprint/459326-any-new-phone-rumors-sprint.html

I decided to pick a thread I started. Being one of the few lone Sprint fans(possibly fanboys) I started a thread about rumored phones coming to The (Almost)Now Network. It started with a rumored Intel device, to the Note, white Epic Touch, Nexus, Evo, SG3, Motorola and LG devices. The posts include whether the Note would be too big, to the Nexus not being a "Nexus". It's currently 12 pages long, with the last few posts trying to predict whether Motorola would announce something at I/O.(Don't worry, I said they wouldn't)

I think it's a great thread to see rumored devices for the beloved Sprint network and to get great opinions on devices people are interested in picking up. Oh, and also to see how much people really hate LG.(hint: it's a lot)

Upvote 0
My new favorite thread (which appears no one else has picked) is:
We can now synchronize Outlook & Android without a 3rd party app or Exchange Server!

I live in Outlook everyday, and need everything synced up with my phone.

This was my first pick, but after reading the contest rules, it has already been used :(

"Android permissions explained, security tips, and avoiding malware"

Security is one of the most overlooked areas on smart phones for the average person. This thread provides lots of great information.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/350148-rom-acs-shabbymod-0-9-a.html

i picked this because it was my first rom, i am sure i have more liked/thanked posts (such as my prevail one click root, had 71 thanks) buts this is teh one where it shows how new i was to development. since then ive ported cwm, worked on kernels, helped root phones, worked on CM7/9. my latest project has been getting jellybean running on the sprint galaxy nexus. i think it really shows how ive progressed over time :)

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/335056-gingerbread-easter-egg.html

This may seem like a completely pointless thread (and in a sense, it is). However, it shows us something important. Where companies like Apple put out these static products like iOS, Google makes an operating system with a zombie art easter egg. It shows us that Google engineers actually (probably) like their job a lot and have fun doing it. Apple doesn't show this kind of thing.

The OS itself isn't the only Google product with these easter eggs. Chrome has the flipping tabs for example. It's just Google showing they're nerds (like many of us) and that they're humans. I just love all these little touches to the products. It makes them more fun to use, knowing that the engineers who made it had a fun time making it.

Upvote 0
Nook Color rooting and rom guide... READ ME FIRST!

Because that's where it all started for me. My phone upgrades were timed horribly and I ended up stuck with a Windows6 phone (omnia) for two years because android hadn't hit VZW yet. Yeah I got to hack my wifes phone for her while I was waiting to upgrade and a few friends phones...but it's not like hacking your own! Since I loved my original e-ink nook and had hacked it but found the hardware limiting for much of anything I broke down and got myself a Nook Color so I could finally have an android device of my own. Of course a few months later I finally was up for an upgrade and got my Inc2 which I love dearly - and the Nook color is now mostly used by my toddler daughter. Which is why I'd love to win a goodie pack. My boss wanted us to go to I/O this year but we didn't luck out on scoring tickets and with my daughter monopolizing my NC I need some new toys and would love to get my hands on some Nexus hardware!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones