• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help alarm notification always present

hstroph

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2012
I have two alarms set in the desktop digital clock widget, one daily at 05:20 and one weekly Sunday at 15:50. For some reason there is always an alarm icon in the notification tray, adding undesired clutter.

How can I remove the alarm notification icon please? App notifications "Clock" has "Allow notification dot" turned off and grayed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
Rooted on Nexus 6P, currently angler-ota-opm7.181205.001-abb36a2f. As stated in the OP, 'App notifications "Clock" has "Allow notification dot" turned off and grayed.'

I seem to have no control over the other "Categories" options, regardless of the "Allow notification dot" setting:

Attachments

• clock_notifications.png
    clock_notifications.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 0
As stated in the OP, 'App notifications "Clock" has "Allow notification dot" turned off and grayed.'
Just FYI, that setting doesn't apply here. :)

Notification dots are little bubble things that appear on an app's icon if the app has unread notifications. I've never actually seen one on my devices, because it only seems to affect desktop icons, not those in the app drawer--and I don't have any icons on my screens.

Anyway, your screenshot--does it show the entire upper part of that screen? I'm asking because it's missing something. Look at mine:

Screenshot_20190609-195100.png

See the 'On' switch right under 'Clock'--does it exist on yours? Without it, you have no control over these alerts.

I just set an alarm; I only saw its icon by pulling down the status bar. It did not appear in the status bar as yours does. I don't know why the difference. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Anyway, your screenshot--does it show the entire upper part of that screen?
Yes, the entire upper part of the screen is shown.
See the 'On' switch right under 'Clock'--does it exist on yours? Without it, you have no control over these alerts.
The "On" switch doesn't exist here, so it seems I have no such control.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones