• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel 3v from metro

andriodadmirer

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2012
Hello it's Android admirer here!
I just got this phone yesterday
Tried to boot into bootloader it just restarts back on again.
Tried to boot into fastboot with all button combos I could think of
All those lead to the regular Android recovery.
Anyone know where to start to root
Or unlock the bootloader
I have tried all the apps to root
And tried to get to fastboot via cmd
But no luck if anyone can help please chime in
Thanks

Yeah these types of sites are where I got some of the info already
When I turn the phone off then push the volume down and then plug in the USB cord from computer it reboots to regular recovery I'm wondering if Alcatel disabled access totally to fastboot option
But in developer settings you do still have the option to enable bootloader to be unlocked toggle I toggled that along with the USB toggle the first day I got it

Reactions: jonathanrivera2631
Upvote 0
Hmm. Still seems as though my Alcatel 3v 5032w experience still tops them all.
I personally wouldn't wish this phone on my worst enemy. I purchased one in April. From April to May I managed to go through 3 of these phones. Day one the phone kept shutting off on me in the middle of anything and everything I was doing. Never wanted to keep the network. Settings never would remain as I set them. I holla back at Metro and me being the poor folk that I am, having put everything I had into getting this stupid phone, didn't have the money (and still don't) to replace it with something different. So Metro exchanges the same phone again. Rude metro peeps made me pay for a whole nother sim which I found out latter to be totally unnecessary. Low and behold that one did me the same. I call, I cuss, I complain and this time they order me one from their 'warehouse'. It does just the same for me as well. Now that I've had to endure this phone for about 8 months now, it almost seems as though it's gotten better to deal with over time. Perhaps my tolerance for it's crappyness just leveled out?
Anyways I wish I knew how to root this thing. Or already how to update the apps that are on it. And an i the only one? There's like 277 system apps on this phone that over half of them aren't even useable.

Upvote 0
Hmm. Still seems as though my Alcatel 3v 5032w experience still tops them all.
I personally wouldn't wish this phone on my worst enemy. I purchased one in April. From April to May I managed to go through 3 of these phones. Day one the phone kept shutting off on me in the middle of anything and everything I was doing. Never wanted to keep the network. Settings never would remain as I set them. I holla back at Metro and me being the poor folk that I am, having put everything I had into getting this stupid phone, didn't have the money (and still don't) to replace it with something different. So Metro exchanges the same phone again. Rude metro peeps made me pay for a whole nother sim which I found out latter to be totally unnecessary. Low and behold that one did me the same. I call, I cuss, I complain and this time they order me one from their 'warehouse'. It does just the same for me as well. Now that I've had to endure this phone for about 8 months now, it almost seems as though it's gotten better to deal with over time. Perhaps my tolerance for it's crappyness just leveled out?
Anyways I wish I knew how to root this thing. Or already how to update the apps that are on it. And an i the only one? There's like 277 system apps on this phone that over half of them aren't even useable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones