• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch Evolve ClockWorkMod Request

This is dead.

Too bad its dead, I am trying to advocate this device to co-workes of mine for testing purposes. This way I can root their phones and suggest that they test the phones.

Not only are they inexpensive, but My co-workers already know that I can root them or any device that is rooted. Not to mention they are as fast as an S3 out of box. even though the hardware may be way more robust.

Lately I have been working on a HTC Vivid and Prism II. trying to wire trick the Vivid; how in the hell does someone know how to touch random diodes together and get productive results? Wow..

anyway wondering if anyone is up tonight :smokingsomb::thinking:

Upvote 0
I found a USB Debug app in the play store that enabled USB Debugging, as it was not accessible before.

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings

this enabled USB debugging:D within settings yet the developer options would not stay on. Im figuring because some sort of bloatware.

The app is called USBDebug. This might get us started with some sort of recovery.

Cheers, and thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I found a USB Debug app in the play store that enabled USB Debugging, as it was not accessible before.

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings

this enabled USB debugging:D within settings yet the developer options would not stay on. Im figuring because some sort of bloatware.

The app is called USBDebug. This might get us started with some sort of recovery.

Cheers, and thanks in advance

That's weird my developer settings switch always stayed on with USB debugging enabled.

Upvote 0
Too bad its dead, I am trying to advocate this device to co-workes of mine for testing purposes. This way I can root their phones and suggest that they test the phones.

Not only are they inexpensive, but My co-workers already know that I can root them or any device that is rooted. Not to mention they are as fast as an S3 out of box. even though the hardware may be way more robust.

Lately I have been working on a HTC Vivid and Prism II. trying to wire trick the Vivid; how in the hell does someone know how to touch random diodes together and get productive results? Wow..

anyway wondering if anyone is up tonight :smokingsomb::thinking:

then what can do?

Upvote 0
I got this phone fully rooted and working great. I installed busybox and some other /system/app uninstallers. I decided to make a back up through tibu and hard rest the phone through ASR. I wiped data, and now it boots past the splash screen into android, but no system apps start up. The status bar can pull down and wifi bluetooth gps, and screen time out can be functioned but settings will not open. adb cant even see the phone yet it is booted to the android shell.?

Can anyone help me?

Upvote 0
I also tried to use adb sideload to access the phone but neither device recognizes the other.

How would I go about creating a stock ROM from the backed up files I have? Would not being able to clean the Dalvik cache before flashing brick the phone?

The various MTK tools rolling around the internet would work if it weren't for the locked bootloader. If you had insurance your best bet would be to ask Tmo to exchange the device. I have two of these devices and didn't opt for insurance because of the low cost. Both are missing calls. No ring, just a blip on the screen and then missed call notification.

I'm just gonna giggle to myself about those that claim this device is 'fast'
Yeah, as fast as a crippled horse. On a good day.

Are there any requests for data on this device? I've got a spare to grab dumps or whatever from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones