• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All things vape

Everyone assumes it's the nicotine that's the addictive bit. To some extent yes it is but it's nowhere near as addictive as rolling up or lighting up, maybe it's more to do with the other chemicals in your smoke. I started on 12mg liquid and very quickly went down to 6, spent about 8 months on 3mg and now down to about 2mg. It seems easier to cut nicotine out my life now than it ever had before. Not sure if I want to though as I do enjoy it :)

Reactions: KBU2
Upvote 0
Here's a couple of vaping themed carrier bags I seem to have acquired from somewhere...
IMG_20171217_095047.jpg
IMG_20171217_095132.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah, nice topic for a thread my friend!
I also am sporting a Smok Alien Mod AL85 but have a TFV8 Baby Beast that holds just 3ml. I use a .4 ohm coil and have been happy with it.
I have a bad habit of running out of liquid and burning the coil a bit, shortening its life. Not to mention the terrible taste and horrendous burnt throat hit :p

I don't make my own juice. Too lazy at the moment I guess, so I buy the cheap stuff online. I usually go back to a strawberry, or cookie/dessert flavor using either 3 or 6 nic level.

Edited my ohm from 4 to .4 lol. yikes.

Upvote 0
I also am sporting a Smok Alien Mod AL85 but have a TFV8 Baby Beast that holds just 3ml. I use a 4 ohm coil and have been happy with it.
I have a bad habit of running out of liquid and burning the coil a bit, shortening its life. Not to mention the terrible taste and horrendous burnt throat hit :p

I don't make my own juice. Too lazy at the moment I guess, so I buy the cheap stuff online. I usually go back to a strawberry, or cookie/dessert flavor using either 3 or 6 nic level.

Yeah tell me about that burnt coil taste. Never play the PlayStation while vaping. I'll usually religiously check how much juice is in the tank until I get distracted :D

I was already mixing up my own juice before the new regulations came in in Europe. I'm so glad I was as they're insane. You can't buy a bottle of juice bigger than 10ml anymore. Funny thing, at the same time they brought out another regulating saying you couldn't buy the small pouches of tobacco or small packs of cigarettes. Guess they weren't getting enough tax after the campaign to get people to stop smoking:thinking:

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I also am sporting a Smok Alien Mod AL85 but have a TFV8 Baby Beast

Edited my ohm from 4 to .4 lol. yikes.

Don't worry I knew what you meant with the ohms. I used to have the big baby beast but it started to leak so I had to upgrade :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A lumber rep that calls on my company regularly vapes. I have no idea what exactly but he seems to enjoy it. Myself, I'm a pipe smoker. Took up the pipe as a kid and been following a pipe around for over fifty years.
Oh I love the smell of a pipe!! Tried it once or twice and it just wasn't for me. I do enjoy the smell of a good pipe tobacco.
My boss used to smoke Captain Black brand. I dont know what flavor but boy, did it smell good!

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
I thought I liked to vape. How much you been vaping to fill those up? :eek::p
IMG_20171217_102543.jpg

The bottles on the left with green caps are a homebrew liquid that a friend in the UK made up for me. Something I do know, do NOT buy cheapo Chinese e-liquids, not unless you like the taste of rubber!

Me and a colleague did go to the Beijing Vape Expo, that's where those bags came from of course. http://en.vapechinaexpo.com/

The mods I've got are Ijoy Captain PD1865, Smok Alien, Eleaf Pico Mega and a Truvape Ibox, along with various tanks.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Why is it that a lot of the nice tasting juices kill the coils? That Nom bongo I made up is by far the nicest tropical juice I've tried. It's quite sweet, which I think's the problem and it burns the coils out in about 3 days. It's why I mainly stick to menthol or aniseed juices. I'll get 2 or 3 weeks out a coil with those. Luckily there's a lot of those juices I love, but it's a bit disappointing that pretty much everything I like without menthol or aniseed kills the coils.

Upvote 0
Why is it that a lot of the nice tasting juices kill the coils? That Nom bongo I made up is by far the nicest tropical juice I've tried. It's quite sweet, which I think's the problem and it burns the coils out in about 3 days. It's why I mainly stick to menthol or aniseed juices. I'll get 2 or 3 weeks out a coil with those. Luckily there's a lot of those juices I love, but it's a bit disappointing that pretty much everything I like without menthol or aniseed kills the coils.
I know very little about mixing your own, but do you keep the same 70/30 VG/PG base?

Upvote 0
I know very little about mixing your own, but do you keep the same 70/30 VG/PG base?

It depends. You can buy your pg and vg separately and then mix at whatever ratio you want but you can also buy it ready mixed. I go ready mixed for ease of use. I prefer 80/20 but couldn't get that a decent price the last time I was buying supplies so went for 70/30 this time.

Upvote 0
It depends. You can buy your pg and vg separately and then mix at whatever ratio you want but you can also buy it ready mixed. I go ready mixed for ease of use. I prefer 80/20 but couldn't get that a decent price the last time I was buying supplies so went for 70/30 this time.
The reason I was asking, was perhaps if you changed the mix, that would be the reason why you are burning through coils with that Nom Bongo juice.

Then I got to thinking, no, it can't be that. So maybe another question would be, are you changing your voltage setting when you vape the Nom Bongo?

Upvote 0
The reason I was asking, was perhaps if you changed the mix, that would be the reason why you are burning through coils with that Nom Bongo juice.

Then I got to thinking, no, it can't be that. So maybe another question would be, are you changing your voltage setting when you vape the Nom Bongo?

There's 4 different coils which fit this tank. The Q4 (I ran at 55w), X6 (I ran at 60w), T10 (I ran at 70w) and M4. I've always run my coils slightly below their "best" setting as it saves on juice and battery and gives a cooler vape. The M4 is for a mech mod that doesn't have a chipset to control the watts. The watts gets defined by ohms law instead. So that leaves the other three which came with the tank. The pre installed Q4 lasted 2 to 3 weeks with mentholy juices. The X6 lasted 3 days with Nom bongo being pretty much the only juice I put through it. The T10 was fine for 4 days when back on my menthol and aniseed then 3 tanks of bongo and I was getting that burnt coil taste again. I don't switch watts for different juices. In theory the T10 at the higher watts should've been the quickest to burn out but that was going fine until the bongo :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones