• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

America - The Falling Empire

If by "America," the United States is the subject here, it is not a true "empire" in the first place.

The U.S. is an amalgamation of little empires, business being the most influential. That particular empire is always in the background, kind of like wallpaper; you don't really notice it unless it begins to peel off, which is happening now and has happened in the past. Once it gets to a certain point, it is not replaced anew so much as taped and patched and glued back into place.

I feel that most of the empires that make up what we call the United States could survive just about anything that's destroyed other empires through history around the world because the U.S. is not a homogeneous society, and is thus diversified enough to find success in dire circumstances, such as what has been going on economically now through three presidential terms.

Frisco, please read this site. Keep in mind it was written in the 90's so you now have the opportunity to see EXACTLY what was written has occurred...SKY ROCKETING DEBT- check, WARS- check, paperless money - almost check.

The Federal Reserve Is A privately Owned Corporation

Upvote 0
Well, you have to be blind not to notice that the Unites States of America is gliding down a slippery slope into self-destruction. Whilst the government is being pulled deeper and deeper into the affairs of the Middle East (which is proving to be pretty much a hornets' nest), China and it's neighbors are taking over world economy.

Upvote 0
Since you seem to be lacking in a bit of education yourself, I'll educate you a bit. Tea Party isn't a racial organization it's a philosophical organization. The organization includes many black members. Granted these are in the minority, but so is black support for conservative movements as a whole.

There are groups within the tea party movement that are composed mainly of racists, but racism is not part of the tea party movement.

"There are groups within the tea party that are racist, but racism is not part of the tea party movement."

:D

I have no way to prove it, but I'll bet there are more racists in the tea party than there are blacks.

Upvote 0
Since you seem to be lacking in a bit of education yourself, I'll educate you a bit. Tea Party isn't a racial organization it's a philosophical organization. The organization includes many black members. Granted these are in the minority, but so is black support for conservative movements as a whole.

There are groups within the tea party movement that are composed mainly of racists, but racism is not part of the tea party movement.

"There are groups within the tea party that are racist, but racism is not part of the tea party movement."

:D

I have no way to prove it, but I'll bet there are more racists in the tea party than there are blacks. Racists are certainly more visible at tea party events than blacks or latinos.

Upvote 0
I have no way to prove it, but I'll bet there are more racists in the tea party than there are blacks. Racists are certainly more visible at tea party events than blacks or latinos.

Equally as true would be:

I have no way to prove it, but I'll bet there are more stupids on the left then there are smarts. Stupids are certainly more visible at liberal events then are republicans and smart people.

I take offence to being called racist.:rolleyes: And you are beating a dead horse.

Upvote 0
Romney has a 5-point economic plan to surpass Romania.

Ranking America

According to UNICEF, 23.1% of American children under the age of seventeen live in poverty, which makes the United States rank second out of thirty-five economically advanced countries ranked in that category. Romania ranks first, with 25.5% of children living in poverty.

And Romney is involved in this how? And you're necroing a two year old thread why?

Upvote 0
droiduzr2 said:
1. America owes China TRILLIONS of dollars (charged up by Bush and Cheney).

I see this argument a lot. Just curious when the current administration and it's followers are going to start accepting blame for what's going on today? My guess is 2016.

Real Time US National Debt Clock | USA Debt Clock.com

There is enough blame to go around.

Upvote 0
And Romney is involved in this how? And you're necroing a two year old thread why?

You have a real problem with history. Let me give you a clue, the world didn't start when you were born, neither will it end when you die.

Romney is promoting a proven failed policy to give more incompetent self proclaimed masters of the universe (Koch Brothers, etc...) the rest of us have to pay the tab for.

Upvote 0
Romney is promoting a proven failed policy to give more incompetent self proclaimed masters of the universe (Koch Brothers, etc...) the rest of us have to pay the tab for.

hmmm...... read that 3 times.... still like talking to honey booboo

let me give you a clue...... coherency .... its a word..... it has a definition....... get familiar with it

Upvote 0
OutofDate1980 said:

And the Obama administration is taking the United States down the same path that Greece took. How is that working out for them?

I kinda look at it as us citizens are shoveling quicksand. The more we shovel, the faster we sink.

Upvote 0
And the Obama administration is taking the United States down the same path that Greece took. How is that working out for them?
As a European, what.
I'm not sure you understand Greece's path or Obama's plan.

Although mind you, despite hundreds of thousands having been plunged into poverty, Greece is showing a trade surplus for the first time in years.

Upvote 0
ElasticNinja said:
I'm not sure you understand Greece's path or Obama's plan.

1. Spend too much and borrow from other countries.
2. High unemployment.

Greece had a very low income tax which also added to the problem. Same direction that the Republicans want to go.

I am over-simplifying but touching on the basics.

President Obama says "We still have money, look at all the black checks we still have". The problem is our checking balance is already overdrawn.

Upvote 0
1. Spend too much and borrow from other countries

Well that has been America's plan for 50 years, unfortunately since they control the dollar and the Federal Reserve can just lend to the government, it doesn't cause major problems.

2. High unemployment.

Greece's unemployment level is three times the US's (24% vs 8%). It has soared so high due to unrelenting austerity. US unemployment is under control, and not too bad, shockingly enough.

Greece had a very low income tax which also added to the problem. Same direction that the Republicans want to go.
Greece had quite average levels of taxation, issue is they failed to collect much of it from upper middle class professionals. It was and still probably is the most corrupt part of Europe after Sicily.

I am over-simplifying but touching on the basics.

Dramatically over-simplifying. Where is Obama's Greek style Austerity plan? Where are the tax rises and massive spending cuts? Links?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones