• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amlogic MXQ-Pro TV box - HDMI off

Tonigau

Lurker
Jun 27, 2019
Have a problem of HDMI not restoring when I turn monitor back on.
During music play, (or long pause during video play) I need to power off monitor because waste precious solar battery power.
Is there a system config file that has line I can modify to eg: disable HDMI off when monitor power down.
or
A way to turn HDMI back on easily, (only way at present is to power down). I suspect it changes over to composite output when monitor off.
I have used RFObasic in the past to make small apps, maybe could do something to respond to remote key press if I knew what to set.

Thanks

I assume there's nothing in the user settings for it?

There probably is something in the system firmware that switches the HDMI video on and off. But you'd definitely need to root the box, and find how the manufacturer has implemented it this function.

Good luck, here be dragons. Because as usual with these "MXQ" things, the manufacturer is unknown.

Upvote 0
nothing obvious in settings, yes could be in FW, is already root access so can edit script files.
I have total commander installed so I can "text" search & look for potential HDMI related(read only mode).
If I find something potential I can ask someone experienced to confirm, USB debugging enabled in-case I loose HDMI .
I can always install nougat if it goes south.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones