• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android TV Box Wifi Problem

srtcy

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Hi, I recently bought a JUSTOP Android 4 TV box from amazon. Being a recent new member, I can't specify a link but if search for JUSTOP android 4 box in Amazon, you'll know which one it is. It has a fair few reviews also.

Does anyone else have the same TV box? I had high hopes for it and it had some really good reviews from other people who had bought the product. I received it yesterday and everything seems to work well, very easy to plug into TV, played many different file formats, very well designed menus, fast and sits great behind my TV.

But since receiving it, I have had real problems with the WIFI disconnecting. At first I thought this was a hardware problem relating to the wireless receiver but after a few tests it was clear it was software related.

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english) which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).

Does anyone else own the same box or something similar and is there a solution to fix this?

This is one of those cheapo Chinese Android STBs that are becoming rather popular now. Being what it is and the fact that the Wi-Fi is giving problems, I'd suggest it could be faulty. Probably would be best to return it for refund, repair or replacement under warranty.

Hi, I recently bought a JUSTOP Android 4 TV box from amazon. Being a recent new member, I can't specify a link but if search for JUSTOP android 4 box in Amazon, you'll know which one it is. It has a fair few reviews also.

Does anyone else have the same TV box? I had high hopes for it and it had some really good reviews from other people who had bought the product. I received it yesterday and everything seems to work well, very easy to plug into TV, played many different file formats, very well designed menus, fast and sits great behind my TV.

But since receiving it, I have had real problems with the WIFI disconnecting. At first I thought this was a hardware problem relating to the wireless receiver but after a few tests it was clear it was software related.

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english)

Yeh, it's called Chinglish. :rolleyes:

which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).

Often there is very little or no information at all for these things.

Does anyone else own the same box or something similar and is there a solution to fix this?

It's probably faulty based on what you've described and should be returned.

Upvote 0

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english) which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).

-------
I have two TV boxes, one from Mele A2000G (Android 4.0.4) and the other is Asus Air, both are working fine but occationaly both get disconnected from WiFi due to the fact that both are quite far from my router which is at the 1st. floor and the TV boxes are on 3rd. floor.
check with manufacturer and found out if there is a new Firmware whcih correct the WiFi issue.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones