• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help android-x86_64-8.1-r6/VirtualBox 6.1.26/Ubuntu 20.04LTS Linux PC : several problems to use Android

Hello !
I installed android-x86_64-8.1-r6 on VirtualBox (on an Ubuntu 20.04LTS Linux PC) and I'm looking to install an APK on it.

I have several problems:
  • the keyboard is perceived by android-x86_64-8.1-r6 as a qwerty (I have a bépo) and I don't know how to change that the interface which currently is in command line (see attached image),
  • I would appreciate having a graphical interface: does it exist?
  • If so, how to get it?
  • I don't know how to install my APK and once this APK installed it will need to access the sound and the Internet network from the PC, how could it happen?

Hello !
I installed android-x86_64-8.1-r6 on VirtualBox (on an Ubuntu 20.04LTS Linux PC) and I'm looking to install an APK on it.

I have several problems:
  • the keyboard is perceived by android-x86_64-8.1-r6 as a qwerty (I have a bépo) and I don't know how to change that the interface which currently is in command line (see attached image),
  • I would appreciate having a graphical interface: does it exist?
  • If so, how to get it?

The keyboard is configurable within the running Android OS itself via the Settings option, and it is graphical.
  • I don't know how to install my APK and once this APK installed it will need to access the sound and the Internet network from the PC, how could it happen?

Does the virtual Android OS have internet access? If so you could email yourself the APKs, or uploaded them in the cloud, like Google Drive, and download them within Android. The other way is to use the share options within Virtualbox and share a folder to the Android OS. The sound settings are configured via Virtualbox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones