• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AndroidWear 2: how to sync silent status with phone?

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
I have just upgraded my Huawei watch to Android Wear 2.
With the previous version of the OS, the silent status of the phone would automatically sync to the watch.
Silent phone --> silent watch. Loud phone --> loud watch, etc. I only had to change the status on the phone, and the watch would sync automatically.

With Android Wear 2, this option seems gone.

Am I being clumsy, or has the option really disappeared? Is there a way to bring back the automatic sync of the status? Some hidden setting, or third-party app, maybe?

I understand Google wants to make watches as independent from the phone as possible; I think it's a bad idea, but, regardless, they should at least still give the option to sync the status.

Thanks!

Reactions: GuillermoGamDel
I have just upgraded my Huawei watch to Android Wear 2.
With the previous version of the OS, the silent status of the phone would automatically sync to the watch.
Silent phone --> silent watch. Loud phone --> loud watch, etc. I only had to change the status on the phone, and the watch would sync automatically.

With Android Wear 2, this option seems gone.

Am I being clumsy, or has the option really disappeared? Is there a way to bring back the automatic sync of the status? Some hidden setting, or third-party app, maybe?

I understand Google wants to make watches as independent from the phone as possible; I think it's a bad idea, but, regardless, they should at least still give the option to sync the status.

Thanks!
I have the same "issue" as you. I hate the idea that this version doesn't includes that syncing option. I think it is totally gone, we just have to wait for an update if they bring back that option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones