• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anker 4400mah Extended Battery (+NFC)/Case Selections

freakshow85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2013
Just wanted to say I received my new Anker battery in the mail for my S3 (SCH-S960L). I'm excited to see how it does and just want to see what others have to say. It came with 55% charge and I have it charging now. I hope I got a good one. My OEM battery has just turned a year old, but that's not why I wanted a new battery. It just seems like the screen and hardware have always drained my battery. I can get about 5-6 hours of heavy use from it, and average 9 hours before hitting 5-10%. This is on wifi. If this battery can get me from morning until bedtime without needing a charge, I will be satisfied. And it sounds like it should.

So, here is the battery:
http://www.amazon.com/Warranty-Repl...sim_cps_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DAJKN0HFV0C5B799YAC

And here is one case that may fit it, but I doubt it will fit it properly:
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exte...y+s3+extended+battery&tag=androidcentral00-20

I am thinking I will need a "hard" case for it if I can find one at all. Any recommendations on cases for extended batteries?

Well I've had this Anker 4400mah battery for over a month now. It has consistently performed well beyond my expectations.
The original battery gave me around 9 hours on Wi-Fi with light-medium use. Texting and internet, primarily. The original battery melted away in my hand using the mobile radio and browsing the web or watching a video. It also killed it with no use at my house with bad signal.
Not anymore. This Anker gives me 36-40 hours on Wi-Fi with very light use. With medium use on Wi-Fi it's still close to 34-36 hours.
With the mobile radio and normal use I still get around 28 hours. More if I didn't use my phone so much at night time.
All I can say is I am really impressed. It's slightly double the capacity of the OEM battery, yet lasts me 3 or more times as long under the same conditions. It takes 6-7 hours to charge it from near 0%, but if I charge it overnight, I've yet to need a charger during the day no matter what I do. It's what my phone was missing. I was always on the charger, before.

Reactions: Stuntman
Upvote 0
That sounds like a good size. I don't like how bulky my phone is now but that's not my main gripe. It's the fact it's so heavy and naked without a case. Like I posted earlier, I cracked my screen after having the phone for a year... one or two days after getting the battery in. I still haven't sent off for my replacement. I dread using my back up Centura android phone. It's so damn slow and glitchy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones