• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anxiety due to COVID-19

I have anxiety issues condition, not just brought on by the "vid".

I also work in the apartment industry and enter dwellings daily, I am so afraid of catchin it, it is not even funny.

I have not been out to eat in over a year and I used to eat out alot.

Anxiety/panic attacks are not fun and they are real, go to your doctor and get some help for it, mine is controlled now and I still have them, but the severity, is not as bad.

Upvote 0
I've never experienced an anxiety attack though I know it's a real thing. I don't stress about anything. Covid is not on my list either. I'm fortunate that I only have one line of employment now and it's pretty much contactless. I run in a very tight circle that doesn't concern me either. I do wish the virus would run it's course so the world might return to normal. However, being a pessimist, there have always been viruses among us and I imagine there will always be. I hope that whatever comes next is not life threatening and a world shut down problem.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
i went to a wedding despite my better judgement. it was mostly outside, but dinner and dancing was inside. it was all of my closet relatives who i have a personal attachment to. i was dreading going to it for months and weeks as it the date got closer. my issue was the indoor activities. plus my mom who is in her 80's went as well. she had a great time, but i was a mask hawk when it came to her. i had to make sure that when she was not eating or drinking she had a mask on. my my problem was that there was no vaccination requirement......so who knows who was vaccinated or not. during the ceremony i was going to sit next to a person who i did not know and i decided to stand to the side as i was not comfortable sitting that close to the person. the whole thing should have been postponed in my opinion.....especially with the Delta variant raging here in LALA land!!!!

in the end we left just after dessert. the good thing was that my mom got to meet with some old friends(the relatives were all from my dad's side) and she got pretty drunk in the process....LOL

but i'm so glad it is all over. the entire time i was there COVID was on my mind which made for a not so pleasant event for me......so yeah i get your anxiety.

Upvote 0
I don't feel anxious about covid, because to me it's a risk I feel I understand and can largely control (my circumstances make that more possible than it is for many). But I understand those who do.

The main thing is to have your vaccinations. They are not proof against catching it (I know a number of fully vaccinated people who have caught it, though undoubtedly many fewer than would have without the vaccines) but they do greatly reduce the risk of severe illness. And take the precautions you feel are necessary, including avoiding places where you don't feel safe (and people who make you feel unsafe).

Upvote 0
I have worked at a small community, (64 units) for the past 9 months, got to know most of the tenants and went through the mask/no mask/mask again thing, with them. Felt pretty safe as they mostly were on the same thought ...

I start a new job on Monday at a much larger complex and am worried about going in dwellings and getting close to strangers ....

May have to double up on the anxiety meds for awhile !

Upvote 0
..... I think I may be having anxiety attacks because of this. Anyone experiencing the same?

Try forcing your thoughts to focus on other things, maybe a good book or some project you've been putting off like cleaning out some closet that you've been using as a dumping ground for years. Anything that will distract you from what's going on outside.
And you can be sure of one thing, you are not alone on this. Some are just ignoring reality, some are posturing and rationalizing, but the fact that you're experiencing some anxiety just means you're aware of the world around you, and there's nothing wrong with that. We all should be apprehensive about the future right now.

Upvote 0
I know it's kind of off-topic but I'm scared of all the reports I've been seeing about COVID-19. I thought it's all okay now, but what's up with the new variants and increased cases? I think I may be having anxiety attacks because of this. Anyone experiencing the same?
First of all, if you think you're having anxiety/panic attacks, please talk to you doctor. Just your regular, primary care physician. You shouldn't need to go in for this--a phone or video call should suffice. Explain how you're feeling and see if they think a mild anti-anxiety med will help. There's no shame in taking medication for this or any other mental health issue. I've had panic/anxiety issues since I was 17, and today I always have a supply of low-dose Xanax on hand for "as needed" use.

Second, you're RIGHT to be concerned about COVID. In my opinion, we're not only not over it, we're still in for the worst. This Delta variant is very aggressive and dangerous. And as long as ignorant, uneducated people refuse to get vaccinated, we're all in danger, even those of us who are fully vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective. We knew this going in with the COVID vaccine. So even though I'm vaccinated, I worry all the time about contracting COVID. As most regulars here know, I basically don't have an immune system thanks to near-fatal sepsis. My doctors told me at the beginning of this pandemic that if I contracted it, I would not survive. Period. So, yeah, I'm worried.

You've received some great advice in this thread; I especially like @svim's idea of occupying your mind with something else, something that distracts you and keeps you interested in it. Are there any projects you've been wanting to do? Books you've wanted to read? Movies you've been dying to see? Diversion tactics are a great way to deal with this!

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Turn off your TV...
the 'disease' disappears magically.

Imagine, if you will, a vaccine that works so well that people have to be bribed to take it- for a 'disease' that has over a 99% survival rate.

This horror that you feel is exactly what the system wants.

Don't think for a minute that these vaccines or varients of this 'disease' are ever going to stop- not until the population stops following along like cattle.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Turn off your TV...
the 'disease' disappears magically.
Good idea! Kind of like what I've been doing since being ill--at first, I didn't watch ANYTHING negative, whether it was the news or a crime drama or true-life crime documentary, I just did away with all that in favor of comedies, uplifting documentaries and movies, and it's been great, even though I now watch a little news each day.

Imagine, if you will, a vaccine that works so well that people have to be bribed to take it- for a 'disease' that has over a 99% survival rate.
No one bribed me to take it. Or any of my friends or relatives--many of whom are in the medical field, and work at hospitals like UCLA and Kaiser Permanente. We took it because we understand the science behind vaccines, including the fact that they're not 100% effective. And I'd like to hear the opinion of the 4 million families who've lost a loved one to COVID, as to how survivable it is and how trivial and how they have to be bribed to get vaccinated...

This horror that you feel is exactly what the system wants.
Who is this "system" you speak of? Is it the same system who fought long and hard to come up with vaccines for once-prevalent illnesses, like polio? Was that a horror story too?

Don't think for a minute that these vaccines or varients of this 'disease' are ever going to stop- not until the population stops following along like cattle.
You're right, they're not going to stop! Until all life on earth ends.

Upvote 0
Hey all! Thanks for your responses. I appreciate them. I guess I just needed to hear that I'm not alone as I'm starting to think I'm mad. I got to pull myself together and do what's necessary. I haven't got my vaccine as I'm hesitant about it, but I guess that's what's causing my fear. I don't know. So, wish me luck! I'm rooting for us all.

Upvote 0
Good luck!

Thank you.

Hey all! Thanks for your responses. I appreciate them. I guess I just needed to hear that I'm not alone as I'm starting to think I'm mad. I got to pull myself together and do what's necessary. I haven't got my vaccine as I'm hesitant about it, but I guess that's what's causing my fear. I don't know. So, wish me luck! I'm rooting for us all.

Good luck with your journey, there are options to feeling like you do, please explore them.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The Darling Bride and I have NO anxiety at all over a virus with a 99.7% survival rate - in fact, we may have already had it and didn't know about it. We take a patented vitamin supplement pack with a better than 90% absorption rate; quercetin and zinc; and over 55,000 IUs of Vitamin D every day. If Covid is stupid enough to get into our system (and it probably will, since it's everywhere), our God-given immune systems will beat it up, take its lunch money and run it out.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since this has moved into P&CA territory now, all I'll say @The_Chief is that I'm sorry if I offended you.

I could explain why vaccinated people may still need to wear masks, but I'll skip it. I won't join you if you hop over to P&CA to continue this discussion, as I avoid it like, well, the plague!

Please accept my apologies for unintentionally insulting you.

Upvote 0
I thought of this thread when I saw the statues outside the local Cyber Market today.
20210828_131738.jpg

Upvote 0
I apologize for hijacking the thread with a debate about it, when I could have simply said "I'm not anxious" and left it at that. And thanks @olbriar for telling me so.

@MoodyBlues I respect you and your decision to feel the way you do about the matter, and politely decline your invitation to move our discussion to P&CA. Neither of us will change the other's mind: it would only aggravate us further and neither of us want or need that. Let's just agree to disagree.

Upvote 0
I apologize for hijacking the thread with a debate about it, when I could have simply said "I'm not anxious" and left it at that. And thanks @olbriar for telling me so.

@MoodyBlues I respect you and your decision to feel the way you do about the matter, and politely decline your invitation to move our discussion to P&CA. Neither of us will change the other's mind: it would only aggravate us further and neither of us want or need that. Let's just agree to disagree.

Sounds good! :)

One correction, though: I did NOT invite you to continue discussing this in P&CA. I don't go there!!! :eek:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anxiety, due to the Covid 19?

Anxiety?

I've been a negative fence sitter on the covid virus, until my wife and I got home from our annual vacation... Then it hit me hard.
It wasn't the virus, it was something definitely worse.

My doctor knew of my reluctance to taking a vaccine with an over 97% survivability rate. He used the words "Miraculous" twice with me but there was a phrase that has scared the hell out of me, Covid Confusion...
Never heard of the phrase combined like that.

Whatever it is it put my ass into the hospital, for nearly a week.

Brain Fog?
I've always been up on myself, but something that takes all of your mental certainty is ridiculous.
Im fighting it, seeming like as the virus works it's way through the worldwide population it's gaining additional traction which were NEVER anticipated when it was initially discovered almost 18 months ago.

Stay safe my friends and keep up on the new variations as the mutations increase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones