• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any tips on an Anker USB charging hub?

xrae

Mar 17, 2011
Was looking at some Anker charging hubs, but wanted to make sure I'm shopping for the right accessory. My N7'12 has become *very* slow to charge without any changes in the adapters or the cables I use, so it's sensitive to power issues.

Amazon has a big selection at
Amazon.com: anker usb: Electronics

Was wondering if any of you had firsthand experience with one that works well with the N7'12. We also have a N7'13 and a couple Android phones that we regularly charge.

I'm not sure which combination of amps/sockets would be the best. Thanks.

I have the Anker 12,000 and it charges my N7 (2012) pretty fast. There are two regular ports at 2 amps, and one "smart" port that will charge at up to 2.5 amps, but total output is 5 amps. So if you're charging three things at one time... You get the picture. They have a 15,000, and lower output ones as well. Mine is supposed to charge an iPhone up to five times, I figured that was enough. I bought it on Amazon. Hope this helps a little.

Upvote 0
I use the 25W 5 port Desktop Charger to charge my smartphone and Nexus 7 together. Never had any issue charging either with this unit and timings for a full charge are generally comparable with the generic chargers that come with the devices.

I also have the Astro 3 12000Amp portable charger battery and again it works really well. Again speed of charge is generally comparable. I've charged my Nexus 7 twice and smartphone once on one full charge of this device and still had some spare charge left. However, it does take approx. 9 hrs to fully charge this unit, so it is really only beneficial if you need to charge a device away from home which is primarily what it's designed to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones