• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody using Phillips Hue lights?

So just from a couple of days of use I'm really liking the experience. Being able to tell Mini to turns the lights on and off, set timings, or change colors is the future. Once the price comes down on these things I see them as an essential part of the homes of tommorow. Right now we're paying twice what the first retail lightbulb cost adjusted for inflation. So when price per bulb gets down to $25 USD we'll be on par with what only the upper middle class could afford back at the beginning of the last century and they couldn't adjust color and brightness. Seeing as how the infrastructure to use these things is already in place the price should drop rapidly.

@smchaney65 Have you had to replace a bulb yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have 4 but I only setup 2. I've learned that once you named a Room/Group you need to tell Google exactly what you named it to get the best results.

"Okay Google, turn Parents Bedroom lights on/off or change color" vs. "Okay Google, turn lights on/off or change color". The first looks for the bulbs you setup, the second looks for all the lights you have even if they're not plugged in.

That's weird? But that's my experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones