• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Else having nightmare Sprint EVO

RoboMonkey

Android Expert
May 12, 2010
Billing issues? I've purchased 2 EVO's from Sprint and both times they've billed my credit card and my Sprint account for both phones. I call in get a credit on my bill and 3 days latter it shows up again.

This has happened with both phones over two months. If if would have paid both bills I would have paid over $800 in two months not including the cost of the phones on my credit cards. I'm on the basic family everything plan with a %18 discount.

No wonder this company

Billing issues? I've purchased 2 EVO's from Sprint and both times they've billed my credit card and my Sprint account for both phones. I call in get a credit on my bill and 3 days latter it shows up again.

This has happened with both phones over two months. If if would have paid both bills I would have paid over $800 in two months not including the cost of the phones on my credit cards. I'm on the basic family everything plan with a %18 discount.

No wonder this company

Upvote 0
Umm but they fix it right? It's not like they are making you pay the bill. I understand the frustration with having to call them and it might seem like they are trying to get over on you.

They fix it after spending hours on the phone talking to several diffrent people. And to then turn around and to it again is still a WTF kinda thing.

Upvote 0
I’m venting.

I take it back they didn't fix it last week and had the nerve to send me a disconnect text if I didn't pay it on Sunday and today. I called today "another hour on the phone" they guy says he'll take care of it (again). At this point I'm over sprint I've ported my # over to a prepaid T-Mobile Dash and I'll start using my Zune or my psp for my podcast/videos. The prepaid is like $25 for 2 months (I never use minutes) and 250 text I can do pay as you go internet for .99 an hour (which I won’t be doing much of on a Dash).

I will wait and see what the new windows phones have to offer.

I have the basic 1500 minute Family Plan.
I can't believe sprint I don’t have the exact bill in front of me but these number are close.
Month 1: $264 bill
Month 2: $468 bill
Month 3: $350 bill

Month 2 credit to my account for double charging $312.66 for my EVO
Month 3 out of the blue they charge me again $312.66 for my 2nd EVO 3 days after I paid the bill and had a zero balance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones