• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone made a coaster like a projection keyboard for those who want to drink?

Do you mean a drink coaster?
Yes I mean like a drink coaster, but it like a really thin cell phone weight, about let's say bout a few pounds and you can put your drink on it, and slides out the same inforstructer as your cell phone, connecting with it via wifi.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Yes I mean like a drink coaster, but it like a really thin cell phone weight, about let's say bout a few pounds and you can put your drink on it, and slides out the same inforstructer as your cell phone, connecting with it via wifi.
why not just use your phone as a coaster:cool:(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why not just use your phone as a coaster:cool:(y)
What if you did not had your cell at all, but know your google email? Like you can sign in with your gmail account and play with the coaster itself.. Talking not on the direct apps, but what if the apps were projected on the table when sipping your favorite soda?

Upvote 0
What if you did not had your cell at all, but know your google email? Like you can sign in with your gmail account and play with the coaster itself.. Talking not on the direct apps, but what if the apps were projected on the table when sipping your favorite soda?
then use a tablet as your coaster.....LOL

i do not know. my phone is pretty much glued to me most of the time save for when i go to bed.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you want a drink coaster to act like a Wi-Fi hotspot AND a keyboard, because many people use a keyboard to text and write notes with their phone apps. But how likely will someone be to leave their phone at home but go out with a smart keyboard coaster? If they go out drinking, they probably don't want to take an expensive smart coaster they may forget to take home with them when they leave... and as people drink more, they are less able to talk correctly. Their typing is even worse. I just don't understand the market for your coaster, unless it's a niche market of writers who will wake up the next morning, look at their email or online word processing account, and think "okay, what was I trying to say after the last three drinks because sober me has no idea..."

But to even log into their account to begin with, they will need a screen, yes? So a person may as well put their drink on their phone or tablet, as @ocnbrze said, as long as it is water (and beer) resistant and has a scratch-proof screen protector on it. Or, as most people already do, put their drink on a napkin. It's a clever idea: I just don't see a market for it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It sounds like you want a drink coaster to act like a Wi-Fi hotspot AND a keyboard, because many people use a keyboard to text and write notes with their phone apps. But how likely will someone be to leave their phone at home but go out with a smart keyboard coaster? If they go out drinking, they probably don't want to take an expensive smart coaster they may forget to take home with them when they leave... and as people drink more, they are less able to talk correctly. Their typing is even worse. I just don't understand the market for your coaster, unless it's a niche market of writers who will wake up the next morning, look at their email or online word processing account, and think "okay, what was I trying to say after the last three drinks because sober me has no idea..."

But to even log into their account to begin with, they will need a screen, yes? So a person may as well put their drink on their phone or tablet, as @ocnbrze said, as long as it is water (and beer) resistant and has a scratch-proof screen protector on it. Or, as most people already do, put their drink on a napkin. It's a clever idea: I just don't see a market for it.
Yeah you are right, I know the marker was not inlight of that though, it was a fun idea on paper, still yeah, most people put their drinks on napkins, or at home, I use a microfiber cloth for my coffee cup though, what if the restraunts had a funny idea like that though and decided to put it for the main idea though, without having the kids having it on the hand though.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones