• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple vs HTC Evo 4G - A Few Points Worth Mentioning

and as many don't understand here, people like you and many of us here are generally in the minority. And Apple could give a rat's *ss about the minority. They don't sell or market to us. It would be too limiting.
I like to customize, explore, take apart and even break it in the process if I want to. I don't need a leash so that I don't go beyond their predefined boundaries.

I agree that the IOS more than likely runs smoother and is a seamless experience but I prefer more control over the os than a tightly controlled os.
I'm not a novice and I can learn how to work something new.
The iPhone is an awesome device but for me the android OS has more advantages. The hardware specs and features are debatable for the most part.

Upvote 0
Hanging on to iphone 3 for the last week, or so, until I can upgrade to Evo.

I updated phone to os4. It's SLOWWWWWWWWWW. This is going to make everyone upgrade their phones. Wait and see. Apple forums are lighting up with people wanting to downgrade. No wonder new phone has a new processor!

I'm looking to move to Android myself. I like what I see and the choice of networks.

I will say that I upgraded my 3GS to iOS 4 and it's faster - particularly the camera. I saw no slowdown at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones