• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

as usual, Verizon is pissing on their customers.

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
http://www.wirelessweek.com/blog/20...-problem-why-consumers-want-what-doesnt-exist

Verizon’s “Unlimited” Problem: Why Consumers Want What Doesn’t Exist

Verizon CFO Fran Shammo told CNET in January that “promotions come and go” but Verizon is “not going to entertain” the possibility of an unlimited plan.

The problem is that’s not what consumers want to hear.

Take AT&T, for example. Big Blue did more than just entertain the idea of unlimited and has reaped the benefits.

At the start of this year, AT&T brought back its unlimited plan, using the offer as a way to draw customers to its DirecTV and U-Verse products. And the response has been impressive.

Three weeks after launching the program, AT&T reported half a million subscribers picked up on the offer. After two months and a little advertising, that figure jumped to two million.

the article goes on a lot more than the above.

Reactions: jack58
jack, it is not as bad as they are trying to make it sound....

I had an "unlimited plan" for years, then when I needed to add on two smartphones, the CS lady said, "I'm looking at your History, and you have not used more than 1 gB in the last six years.... why are you paying for Unlimited??"

so, I gave it up, I have 6 gB/month for 4 phones, and we still don't use over 3 gb/month

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones