• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurian Experience

smitty543

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
People frequently post problems and/or negative experiences, so I want to post a positive Sprint experience.

Had to replace my wife's Sprint GS4 (post fall & broken screen) under Asurian's insurance. It was a "relatively" painless experience. Filed the claim online and received the phone in the time frame stated. Took a few minutes to activate over the air (WiFi), all-in-all smooth. Original phone had sustained a corrupt microSD card, and a Sprint store representative was able to salvage ALL of her data and get it onto a new microSD card.

Hopefully the positive Customer Service at Sprint will continue, and even grow stronger moving forward with Softbank (or whatever it will be called in the future.)

Reactions: 9878
nothing new. these so called "refurbished" devices also have failure rates. this is not specific to Sprint as Asurion services other carriers as well. take a trip through other sub forums here and over the interwebs and you will hear the same.

its not a chink in the armor to sprint, blame Asurion for their relaxed refurbishing process. For the popular phones the failure rate is a bit higher over conventional phone models.

I would not be surprised if the SECOND device was defective.... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The replacement GS4 for the replacement GS4 finally arrived at the Sprint store (backordered for more than a week). The store employee efficiently transferred everything to the re- replacement phone in short order. Cannot say enough positive things about this store's customer service. The only question about this situation is "Why did Asurion send us a defective refurbished phone - poor Quality Control aka Customer Service at Asurion?"

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Thanx for the above post. My purpose was to compliment SPRINT Customer Service and assistance I received both on the telephone and in person, but to question the Quality Assurance / Control for [refurbished] phones sent out under insurance replacement programs to help ensure that the are not defective. (We pay monthly for insurance and then pay a significant deductible when a phone is damaged and has to be replaced.)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones