• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T-A1-BL 10.1-Inch 16 GB Tablet

m-cman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2011
Dallas
Staples has this tablet on for $169.99 now thru Saturday. Seems to be a pretty good deal. Anyone have this tablet and can give a review? I am thinking of getting it. Online reviews blast the quality of the screen but sometimes they are only liking the latest tech.

ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T-A1-BL 10.1-Inch 16 GB Tablet

Couldn't a store order one from another store?

Nope. Store manager went on his computer and said it was not available at any store. I have run into this problem about 10 times recently. The item is advertised online but not available online or at the store. Fry's, Best Buy, Office Depot, Sam's Club, Office Max, Staples and now Game Stop have all had this problem. They all need a better online manager! :mad: It has been a problem at Fry's for some time but just recently noticed at the other stores. They must sell out immediately and not update their online info. Some are advertised online but say it is a store only item. Go to the store and they know nothing about it till I show them on my phone or their own computer and they say they never had one in stock.

Wonder if these great ads are just a come-on?

Upvote 0
When I worked at Office Depot and Target, sometimes those deals would be clearance stock- we wouldn't have had any for months, and you'd have to basically find 1mm tall fine print that said "Where available" or "Not stocked everywhere". Bullcrap.

But why don't they update their websites? A lot of these errors I checked on are over a month old and still on the website. Funny how the store employees don't know anything about this, even on the ones that say store pickup only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones