• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T raising grandfathered unlimited data price

when do ATT throttle the unlimited plan? I heard it was at 5GB

"As a result of this evolution, we recently revised our practices such that Unlimited Data Plan smartphone customers can now use 22GB of high-speed data during a billing period before becoming subject to network management practices that might result in reduced data speeds and increased latency."

http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
When they no longer included the price of the new phone on my old contract, I finally gave up my unlimited data plan. I really was needing more minutes and texts - and I needed to use tethering for my computer on occasion when out of town. It will save me a little money now. However, I think it would have saved me more had I made the switch a year ago. I seem to remember better deals then for the shared data plans - if I'm remembering correctly. (I sure hate to have to pay full price for the new phones. I'm having sticker shock over that one. Guess I won't be getting many new phones now.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones