• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

I saw the score today. Giving up three in the first is never good. Was their pitching that good or did the Dodger bats let us down? Just putting up two runs makes me ask. It's darn tuff to win three straight. I'd say their backs are against the wall.
well Kershaw let us down the first game. Mookie and Freddy let us down in the 2nd game. i think if we lose the series, dave roberts will be on the chopping blocks. he is great managing the team in the regular season. but the playoffs his record is down right awful. plus the team could use a change in leadership.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I was busy yesterday and then watched football. I missed the ball games. What's up with the Dodgers? I figured a sure win in game 2.
i was too busy working a 16 hour day, getting a new work van and then getting into a car accident on my first day driving it, to even pay attention to the world of sports.....lets just say it was a crappy day for me. and then you add to that the dodgers losing.......yeah can we just erase monday and pretend monday never happened???????

Upvote 0
i was too busy working a 16 hour day, getting a new work van and then getting into a car accident on my first day driving it, to even pay attention to the world of sports.....lets just say it was a crappy day for me. and then you add to that the dodgers losing.......yeah can we just erase monday and pretend monday never happened???????
Man that is a bummer day my friend... just WoW! My work truck was ran into by a ford focus that failed to stop at a stop sign the other day. It destroyed the driver's side of his ford that hit the passenger side of my front bumper. I currently have the right side of my bumper ratchet strapped so I can make a left hand turn without ruining my front tire. New bumper is on order. A wreck is a day ruining experience!
So sorry.. and then lose game two... terrible day!

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Man that is a bummer day my friend... just WoW! My work truck was ran into by a ford focus that failed to stop at a stop sign the other day. It destroyed the driver's side of his ford that hit the passenger side of my front bumper. I currently have the right side of my bumper ratchet strapped so I can make a left hand turn without ruining my front tire. New bumper is on order. A wreck is a day ruining experience!
So sorry.. and then lose game two... terrible day!
the good thing is that my van got a few dents and there was no structural damage.....and my boss was very understanding.

still i have some hope for the Dodgers. the funny thing is i decided at the last minute i needed a beer or two. my friends could not make it so i headed to my local dive bar. i met some dodger fans there who watched the game there. they cheered me up about the dodgers and that there is a chance they can pull it together.......so we shall see.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
Eddie Murphy Whatever GIF by Coming to America

Upvote 0
it sucks, but to be honest at the start of this season, me and everyone else knew it was going to be an off year. we let some of the best locker room characters go. we let justin turner go. he was the heart of the locker room for years. mookie and freeman are not one of those guys. we let trea turner go as well. we had no key free agent signing during the off season nor did we land any big names at the trade deadline. so the fact that dave roberts was able to to get them to the playoffs was remarkable.......not to mention that his pitching staff was decimated at the beginning.

and now the braves are out as well.......2 of the best record team in the NL are now out.......just weird.

i don't think i can watch anymore baseball now that the dodgers are out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones