• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beer in clear bottles?

This is quite true, unfortunately. Even in green bottles, there's a big chance. The only beer I'll buy in green (nothing in clear) is Pilsner Urquel. I love that beer but try to buy either cases or there's a fancy 6-pack holder that covers the entire bottle. :)
Another reason why cans are SOOO much better for preserving beer.
However, there are some mass produced beers that have been chemically altered to resist being light struck/skunked. From the BJCP study guide:
Note that Miller Brewing is able to use clear glass bottles because they use a chemically modified form of isohumulone that does not
interact with light.

Upvote 0
I've never really noticed anything with clear bottles, but green bottles seem to be the devil to me. Heineken for example tastes completely different (and worse imo) out of a green bottle than it does from a keg or can. Usually I'd rather a bottle to a can but I've got to say the opposite for beers in green bottles. I've had other lagers and beers from green bottles, none of them have really appealed to me. Corona from a clear bottle is a little dull but I think that's how it is and it's unrelated to the bottle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones