• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Weihenstephaner hefe weissbier. From the oldest brewery in the world, almost 1000 years old, in Germany. Tastes of bread and bananas. Nothing like it.

One of my absolute favorites! We've had it on our (very short) bottled beer list at the restaurant forever. Perfect with a slice of pizza. :)

One of my all time favorites (and I have a lot) is probably Aventinus. Another amazing German beer. It's a bread, bubblegum and clove explosion! Great for the cooler fall weather.
Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Br

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My beer of choice is Newcastle. I think it is simply the tastiest beer ever. The problem is, around here, it's somewhat hard to find. It's absolutely best out of a keg (the canned Newcastle is horrible and the bottles aren't much better), but restaraunts don't like to offer it because it is expensive, so they have to put a hefty price tag on it, thus not many people buy it.

I'm from Newcastle, Brown Ale is so nice.. don't make it here anymore unfortunately but it's still available. It's weird in America you can get small bottles of it but you can't get those here, just pint bottles.

Upvote 0
I try different things from time to time but I keep going back to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I like Negra Modelo when I'm eating Tex-Mex.

man that is one beer that i will not drink. i never understood why peeps like sierra nevada's pale ale. i would gladly drink PBR or even coors lite then drink that. of course i'm not really a fan of pale ale's in general. modelo, however, i do like very much.

i do love me some newcastle though.

Upvote 0
Rare VOS is a great beer, as is almost everything from Ommegang. My old next door neighbor (sadly moved) is the rep for Duvel Moortgat (owners of Ommegang). He'd hook me up with beer all the time. :) And got a great couple glasses from him for Ommegedon (one of their sour beers).
If you're looking for a similar style that's slightly cheaper, Leffe Blonde or Brune are solid choices.

Ommegang makes some excellent beers. I'm partial to their abbey ale.

A friend at work just recommended the Ommegang Abbey, and I really like it. I'm not usually a malt fan as much as I am of the hoppier side of things, but this will go on my short list of ones I really like!

Upvote 0
The Abbey was one of the first beers I bought when I turned 21. Went into this huge beer store near school and asked for as many of the top 20 beers on Beer Advocate. Didn't know about availability of any of them so I asked the guy if they had Westvelteren 12. He laughed so hard at me, thought I was clueless.
(basically, it's one of the best beers in the world but you "can" only buy it at the abbey in Belgium. My wife did find a bottle of the 8 when she was in Brussels. Oh man, was that an amazing beer. :))

Upvote 0
man that is one beer that i will not drink. i never understood why peeps like sierra nevada's pale ale. i would gladly drink PBR or even coors lite then drink that. of course i'm not really a fan of pale ale's in general. modelo, however, i do like very much.

i do love me some newcastle though.

Yeah I can understand that. Some pale ale's are too obnoxiously hoppy for my taste but to me Sierra Nevada goes right up to the line without crossing it. I don't drink all that much beer anymore since I've lost weight. I've tried to find a light beer I like but they all taste like water with a little beer flavoring added to it.

Upvote 0
The Abbey was one of the first beers I bought when I turned 21. Went into this huge beer store near school and asked for as many of the top 20 beers on Beer Advocate. Didn't know about availability of any of them so I asked the guy if they had Westvelteren 12. He laughed so hard at me, thought I was clueless.
(basically, it's one of the best beers in the world but you "can" only buy it at the abbey in Belgium. My wife did find a bottle of the 8 when she was in Brussels. Oh man, was that an amazing beer. :))

Did you see that this beer was for sale in Colorado? It was $88/6pk and I think there were only 36 available (6ers). I would have loved to try it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am opening a bottle of my Dogfish Head 75-minute IPA this weekend. AND then on Christmas me and my brother in law are going to enjoy 120-minute IPA aged from 2011.

Beyond excited to drink the aged 120-minute, yum.

Wish you luck on the 120 min! Was an interesting experience when I had it. Of their high abv beers, World Wide Stout is really the only one I like. Olde School is pretty good too. Interested to hear how an aged 120 min is.

Upvote 0
Wish you luck on the 120 min! Was an interesting experience when I had it. Of their high abv beers, World Wide Stout is really the only one I like. Olde School is pretty good too. Interested to hear how an aged 120 min is.
I am a huge 120-minute fan and I will drink it whenever I can find it. Really curious to see how well it aged though.

A few weeks back my friend had a 120-min / WWS Black & Tan. Totally knocked him off his feet, but now I need to try it.

Upvote 0
It might still be on shelves but its fresh hop beer season. Hops are harvested and used within hours of being harvested. It's good stuff.

Which is your favorite?
Honestly, the best one I had was the first time SA put out their Imperial Pilsner with hops they flew in overnight from Germany.
This one:
110205ImperialP_feat.jpg

The newer versions just aren't as I remember them. :(
Aside from that SN and Great Divide put out some amazing fresh hopped beers. Not really a fresh hopped beers, but I got to try Pliny the Elder once (a friend overnighted a growler from CA). AMAZING!
Everyone loves HopSlam, but honestly, I'm not a fan. Too sweet and boozey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones