• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Android Phone on Telus

Shozzking

Aug 19, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm looking at getting an android phone that'll work with telus. I want to get the best one possible while spending less than $550 off of contract. Right now I'm looking at the HTC desire and the Nexus One. The desire would cost me $450 CAD while the nexus one would be $530 US. However I believe that the nexus one would last me longer as it would get updates for a longer period of time. What would you go for? Are there any other phones that I should consider or should I wait for a newer phone to be released within the next month or two?

I read somewhere that Rogers is getting the Samsung Captivate (The AT&T version of the Galaxy S).. Don't know when or if it's definitely true, I think I saw Sept. for the date. Google it and you'll see. You could also look for an unlocked AT&T captivate if you want, but I wouldn't recommend with the AT&T branding and how they don't allow non market apps to be installed without doing it yourself with ADB.

I'm also looking into getting a new phone, but I'm waiting for something newer/cooler than what's currently out. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones