• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Than Otter Box?

This line of cases from seidio was recently reviewed by Androidpolice.com and it got pretty high marks all around so I was wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff?
There is a review by a member here that is pretty well done. (Search this forum for seidio) I just ordered one myself from Amazon.

I currently have a CruzerLite that I really like. But the Seidio looks really nice with the lining and the kickstand. I should have mine on Monday.

Upvote 0
link does not work

Fixed.

Mine arrived today, although I won't get to try it out later as Mrs Presidente collected from the post office.

I have the active for my N7 and it's great. It doesn't add too much bulk and it gives a fair deal of protection so I'm expecting a lot from the N4 variant. I could take or leave the kickstand tbh, but I'd rather have one and not need it than the opposite. I've had otterboxes for my Desire HD & One X so it will be interesting to see how this compares.

One downside I've noticed from the N7 is that NFC no longer works with the case on.

Upvote 0
Please keep us up to date. Thank you

Not really much more to add. It doesn't add much bulk or weight at all, it feels really nice and I'm not worried about dropping my phone face down any more. There's a good sized lip meaning the screen won't be the first thing to hit the ground if it falls.

If I'm being picky, the size of the hole for the speaker is smaller than the actual speaker itself and the kickstand doesn't feel overly sturdy (but I'd rarely use it anyway).

I also wish I'd got it in blue to match my Nexus 7 case! Overall, worth the

Upvote 0
Looks good. Think I'll keep mine naked though. It would kill me to see it in a case and hiding its beauty.
Then again it would kill me if I cracked or scratched it. Decisions

I kept my Nexus One naked for 3 years and my Nexus 4 will be the same. I did splurge on a very nice belt case that I carry it around in when not using it.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Samsung Galaxy S III Magnetic Holster

They claim it is for an S3, but the N4 fits perfectly. Sena cases are pricy, but the materials and craftmanship are top drawer. It is soft leather inside and out and well padded without being bulky.

Best of both worlds. The N4 is well protected when I'm not paying attention, but shines in all its elegant beauty when I am. ;)

Did I mention that I love my N4. :D

Upvote 0
I received mine on Tuesday and have been using it since. I like it, mostly. First thing is it feels slicker than my CruzerLite case and I am worried it will slide out of my hand (thus far it has not). It also has less bulk than my Cruzerlite which is neutral for me.

Downsides, the lip on the front is way smaller than the CL and makes me very worried that a face down drop will not protect the screen.

There is a pro and a con for me on the kickstand. It is nice to use watching video, but because of the position of the kickstand I can not effectively use my car mount any longer. It has a button, that when the Nexus4 is put into the cradle, engages the clamps that hold it in place. Because of the kickstand being raised more than the rest of the back it never really hits the button without a bit of effort and even then does not sit quite right.

It is also over twice the price of a CL.

In the absence of working in a job where I spend much of my day on a lift 30 feet in the air (and I have dropped my N4 from that height in my CL and it survived intact) and my auto mount I would take the Seidio over the Cruzerlite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones