• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blaze 4G-like phone with 3.5" screen?

jjfad

Aug 10, 2010
I'm hoping there are a few users like me left out there who could help me with a phone recommendation.

I am on Sprint SERO now, but my contract is ending. Longtime Blackberry user but finally switched to Motorola XPRT (Droid Pro) because of the lack of apps. Now I am looking for a new phone. My primary considerations are:

1. Excellent battery life
2. Small & light
3. Doesn't lag
4. microSD card

Unfortunately, most small & light phones are low-end, budget phones that have poor battery life and are laggy as heck. Fast phones with no lag tend to have fast processors that eat up battery life.

I've looked into the Blackberry Q10 but, while I am reasonably tech savvy and like the QWERTY input, I don't want to have to mess around with some complicated workaround to get multiple shared Google Calendars to work. The lack of apps might not be a problem with sideloading Android apps, but I don't know how robust it is (and the sideloading process sounds like a PITA).

I looked into iPhone but I can't stand the fact that there is no microSD expansion and I can't look at the file system.

I will probably end up getting the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G. It's fast, lightweight, great battery, has microSD. I like how it has a regular SIM (not a micro or nano SIM) since I travel regularly to African countries and can't always find a micro/nano SIM. However, the one thing I don't like about the Blaze -- and I know this puts me in the minority -- is that the screen is a bit big for me. I would prefer something smaller, like a 3.5" screen instead of a 4" screen.

So my question is: are there any Blaze 4G-like phones out there with a 3.5" screen?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones