• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Block calls with no name on caller ID?

Roykim34

Lurker
Jun 20, 2020
All the Call Blocking Apps I could find seem to only have the ability to block all calls that the number isn't in your contacts list. I would assume (but maybe not) you can create an app that has access to not only read the phone number of the caller but if there is a matching caller ID name. nokia ringtones
If that were the case, I am perplexed why none of these apps have a feature to block all calls not in contact list *AND* Caller ID Name is blank or has no letters (in case the function returns the phone number) I know many apps keep a black list database but the problem is, many of the Robo Caller farms don't have all their numbers listed in the black list -- they are constantly changing their blocks of numbers they use -- but virtually none of them return a caller ID name. - you just see a phone number. And note, I am not talking about calls marked "Private", most apps block those.

Is this really not technically possible or are most of these call blocking app developers overlooking this useful feature?
download free ringtones for mobiles

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones