• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth and notifications issue

1. thanks for the thread. At least I'm not alone. Switching media off did nothing for me.
2. No it's not how it's supposed to work. I've used bluetooth in my car with all of my phones and never have I had this happen. I used it on this same phone before the update to pie and it didn't happen then either.
3. No, the notifications don't sound in my car either. they just don't at all. When i get a chance I'll try unpairing the phone and then re-pair it for the phone only, and not media, and see if that helps. Even so, it means no phone audio in my car. :(

Upvote 0
Each Bluetooth connection has its own individual settings that you can turn on and off. Go to settings, Bluetooth and look for the little 'gear'. Tap the gear and it will open the settings for that individual Bluetooth connection. When I'm driving I have my headset connection 'voice' turned on. Both others are off. Media is turned off. My connection from phone to car radio has ONLY media turned on. Setup this way, phone calls ring to my headset. Streaming media plays through the radio...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones