• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] change capacitive touch button brightness?

Snake X

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
Please tell me there's a way to change this. It's getting to the point at night where mydisplay brightness will be fine but the brightness on the touch buttons on the bottom completely cancel the effect and still blind me it seems like. If they weren't so bright it would be easier to use my phone at night :)

Download Screen Filter, it has the option to turn off the capacitive buttons entirely. It's at least working on my phone as I write this.

I never had your personal distaste for the buttons but have thought "dang those are bright" on several occasions, mostly during late night usage, which, again, Screen Filter is very useful for.

Reactions: Snake X
Upvote 0
You could always force the app to autorun, or something like that... the request, I think, is only per incident and really keeping a screen that dim when walking outside makes it virtually unreadable.

Although that is due to the app's dimming component which (when set to 100% original brightness) is really optional :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones